August 21, 2008

progress on the baby's room.... and going insane

I finished painting the room, the colour is... well, not really a colour at all... it's called "French White". I'm going for a modern/neutral backdrop and eventually hope to use some bright red funky fabrics to decorate. I pulled off all the base boards today and started rolling up all the carpet. I got as far as the toilet, will have to wait for Mike to come home and move that out of my way. I'm exhausted now! If you can remember the before pictures (go to July 3rd ) you will know how much stuff I had to clear out of their just to start. I plan to install laminate floors myself. Eeek! I watched some how to videos online and it doesn't look too hard. We'll see! I love doing renos so I'm kind of excited for the challenge.


(our camera sucks, it doesn't really show the true colour at all... just think white/gray)

All I can think about the entire time I am doing all of this is when will we get the call. I feel like I am officially starting to lose my mind. I watched so many other people go through this last stage and now I know I am definitely in it.
I woke up yesterday morning to find out that the last couple (at least I think so) requesting either gender that are ahead of us got their referral for a baby boy! From then on I have been very jumpy and every time the phone rings I start shaking thinking this could be it! I wish I knew if it was going to be in a few days or a few weeks. I have no problem waiting a few more weeks, I just want to know which one it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know we are close, even Mike is starting to get anxious, so this must really mean something.

I know you are out there ________, we can't wait to see your face!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! You are nesting without 40 pounds of baby/pregnancy weight protruding from your abdomen!! A more comfortable experience, I am sure! I sure do hope you get your referral soon. I think about you often and I am keeping you in my thoughts. Wil you be able to tell us his name right away, or does it all have to be kept secret until you accept the referral. This is so fun for all of us unexperienced in the adoption process! :)

August 21, 2008 at 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps...quilt essential fabrics in downtown abbotsford has tons of rad fabrics for you! :)

August 21, 2008 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger hazel said...

Aaww, the toilet is gone :-(

Way to go Emily, I'm always majorly impressed by DIY-ers. The next referral news I hear will probably come from you - WOOT!

August 21, 2008 at 7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay I will be completely honest with you... laminate flooring was NOT that easy to install! Please prove me wrong! I did the tiling in our kitchen and found that to be 1 million times easier then our sad attempt at laminate flooring. I wish you wonderous patience and luck! And if you do it I will worship your DIY skills forever!

And I must say, I think you are going to get a call soon, I feel it, and am so crossing my fingers, SOON! Then we can all meet up with our babies, watch them pick each others noses and laugh at how much trouble they are going to get in!!!!

August 21, 2008 at 10:10 PM  
Blogger Owen and Bonnie said...

Oh Emily, I got shivers just thinking about how you could get a call any day!! I can just imagine you all 'jumpy' waiting for THE CALL :) The room is looking great. You are so brave to tackle installing the laminate flooring on your own - and I know you'll do a fantastic job too!

Lv - Bonnie

August 21, 2008 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Wow, I would be highly impressed if you managed to install laminate by your lonesome. And I fully expect you to e-mail me if you get a call before we're back from New York!

August 22, 2008 at 3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Emmy! I'm so excited for you!! That's totally true about the nesting thing!! Right before I delivered Caleb I redid mom and dad's bathroom. I wish I was there to help you do this. It's like a rite of passage! Oh that makes me think of Mr.Ed. I'm going crazy 3000 miles away from you... with you. I'd give anything to be there screaming with you!

August 22, 2008 at 4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE TIME is coming soon!!!
I'm really happy for you.
I'm also excited to see your baby's newly designed room:)

da,

August 22, 2008 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

I'm freaking along with you! Not that this helps, but I'm just waiting for the moment your announcements pops up on the message boards.

Loving the progress on the baby room! Poor toilet :(

August 23, 2008 at 12:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can feel it too... I think it is very close, very close indeed :) So exciting!

August 24, 2008 at 12:12 AM  
Blogger The Warren Family said...

Wow, it sounds like you guys are so close to the 'call'...I think I would jump every time the phone rings!!

August 24, 2008 at 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home