July 3, 2008

Before pictures and life at 3.5 months

As per Dianne's request here are a couple before pictures of the room (currently pretty ugly). I spent the last few days going through piles of paper and haven't done much more than that. I did make room downstairs for our desk so I should be bringing that downstairs soon. And then there's the issue of the toilet.... still waiting.

Before:




Life at 3.5 months:

So far no referrals have been made and with the nearing court closures in Ethiopia I find myself feeling really frustrated for the families that have been waiting over six months with no news. Basically, if a family gets a referral during the court closures (August ?-September ?) their wait from referral to travel could extend from 4 months to as long as 7 months. I am definitely praying for some referrals to be given out in the next week so that they can have a court date by August. Currently, our agency says they are waiting on PCR tests to come back for the babies.... I'll keep you posted!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I quite like the toilet in your room.. makes it not so martha stewart looking! ANd just think.. its a practical chair, multipurpose!!!!

Good luck with the baby room- enjoy painting and picking a theme! Lets face it even when he comes home you know he is gonna be all snuggled up between you and mike for the first bit!

July 4, 2008 at 12:41 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

lol... thanks. I'll have to see what other fun requests I can come up with, wah ha ha.

That's not SO ugly. Just wait until our baby room is done - I'll post a before and after. It was SCARY (it was already a little girl's room, but let's just say the previous owners had freaky taste in wall stenciling).

Can't wait to see the paint colour(s) you choose!

July 4, 2008 at 4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi~em
you're remodeling a room for your baby? It looks interesting :)
The time will be coming soon. time flies! (Surprisingly, I haven't seen you for 6 month!)

July 14, 2008 at 3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home