May 18, 2008

Run for Water


My church is promoting an event in Abbotsford on Sunday June 1st. I was so excited to hear that the proceeds for the race are going towards building wells in a village in Ethiopia that does not have safe drinking water. HOPE Development agency will be doing the well construction.

Here's a quote from their website: "Ethiopia has water! It just needs to be accessed. The typical method is to cap a mountain spring and direct that water into a protected reservoir. Water is then piped to one or more villages where it is available from a regular tap.

Run For Water is helping Hope International Development Agency build such a project in Amedo, a village of approximately 1,000 people in Derashe district of southern Ethiopia.

By participating you will help the citizens of Amedo drink clean water."


If you are interested in running or walking (5k, 10k, or a half-marathon) come join me!!! I will definitely be walking, NOT running and I will be doing the 5k. I know my limits.

You can register online and learn more about the event by going to www.runforwater.ca



ps: we've now been waiting 2 months. I'm hoping there are only 4 more to go....

4 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

I'd be interested in doing the 5 km walk with you ...

May 19, 2008 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger Owen and Bonnie said...

Way to go, em!! If I was in Abby, I'd definitely do the 5km walk with you!

May 20, 2008 at 1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a good event!!
Water is so~~ important to us.
I wish I could walk with you..

Da..(you know who I am:)

May 21, 2008 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

That sounds like a great fundraiser! If I was still nearby, I'd be running up and introducing myself... and participating too, of course :)

I think you need to do a silly post. That way I won't feel completely frivolous reminding you that there are only 7 more days till the Lost season finalle. But in light of the serious subject matter, I will not remind you that there are only 7 more days till the Lost season finalle. I will remind you about the Lost season finalle some other day.

May 22, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home