February 27, 2008

Paper baby is going to Ottawa!

I just got the best email today saying that all of our paperwork looks "wonderful" and my caseworker even thanked me for the care I put into it! Woohoo! I am so relieved. I was really worrying last night that I would get an email telling me I had to re-do something.


First stop Foreign Affairs.


Then the Ethiopian Embassy (according to google images this is actually it).

And then..... Ethiopia!

For those of you wondering, once our dossier gets to Ethiopia we will be put on a waitlist for a baby boy under 6 months of age. The current wait times are estimated at 3-5 months. A month ago it was 2-4 months so this IS subject to change. A year ago it was a few weeks! But these wait times are a good thing because it means that more children are being adopted and not living on the street or in an institution. So, in 3-5 months we will receive a phone call and an email with pictures and a medical history on our son! Then we wait for a court date to make him legally ours (another 2-3 months).

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's quicker then I thought! So you could have your baby boy by Christmas? Craziness!!!

February 27, 2008 at 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness- this is SO exciting, like the type of excitement that makes me smile from ear to ear! I can not believe it, it seems so soon from when you first announced your blog and adoption to be- but I am sure for you and Mike it has been longer. I am so excited...

February 27, 2008 at 9:32 PM  
Blogger emily said...

Not exactly.... after court we still have to wait for all kinds of other fun documents, including a visa! So after referral it is up to 6 months before travel!

February 27, 2008 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger Is Eight Enough? said...

Emily,

I am very happy for you! I know exciting each step of this journey is!! Won't be long before you are officially expecting!

Blessings

February 27, 2008 at 11:20 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Great pictures! HaHa!! You always make me smile!!!
Can't wait to see what you'll post when your paperwork is on it's way overseas (Soon, very soon)

February 28, 2008 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

yay for paper baby going to Ottawa! And good job on all of your paper work! I know it isn't exactly your forte, lol!

February 29, 2008 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Congratulations on the Amazing Travelling Dossier! I hope Foreign Affairs throws it back in the air at lightening speed! (In a good way, not a get-this-off-my-desk way) :)

February 29, 2008 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger sandi said...

Congrats!!!!!!!! Looking forward to following your journey!
Sandi

March 4, 2008 at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home