December 6, 2007

Good news and Bad news

The good news is I just had my one-on-one with the social worker tonight and it looks lke we will be able to get our visits finished before Christmas! I'm really happy about this. After we are finished all of our meetings, our social worker will type up our report and then there is a bunch of signing and reviewing until it is complete and ready to be sent to Kidslink with our dossier. Plus we have to receive our letter of approval.




Now for the bad news. It looks like our dream of having our baby home by next Christmas is gone. We just got an email from Kidslink today that told us of all the changes to the Ethiopian adoption timelines. Ethiopia is becoming so popular (for a variety of reasons) and a whole bunch of red tape and bureaucracy is slowing the process down by A LOT. I will post more on specific timelines later when I get more information about them ( I know people keeping asking for this). But right now it looks like the time from referral to travel is so long I don't even know how I am going to be able to handle it! Plus, the likelihood of us bringing home our son before his first birthday is also very small. I can't believe that I actually thought I would be able to detach myself from parts of this process so that the "wait wouldn't feel so long." Yeah right! It's all I can think about.

selam.

5 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

oh my little snookie....don't worry, this just gives us more time to get excited and to get prepared. We're all here for you and we love you :)

December 6, 2007 at 11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emidipity!
Someone told me that life only gives you what you can handle, and sometimes I thought who made up that expression? But then as life occurs in things work out, not always as planned I realized that it is true, we only are given what we can handle and if we don't think we can then that is where friends and family come into the picture to help us out! You may not have your son by his first birthday but it is not written in stone (if it is turn the stone over) things happen to good people everyday and you are a good person (as is Mike) so I will hope and think great positive thoughts that you will hold your son sooner then hoped!

December 7, 2007 at 2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh bummer! Stupid celebrities ... The time will fly by I'm sure and once you have him, the wait won't have felt so long! love you!

December 7, 2007 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

HI Emily, Although I feel the timeline change too I think that we have to remember that new legislation comes into effect in a couple of weeks. The email that we got is only temporary, it will be changed again once they figure out what's going on. Have heart dear girl, your baby may be home in '08 yet!!

December 8, 2007 at 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew that your interviews with the social worker were done .. but I didn't know the process got slower than you expected.
cheer up! it might be the time god give you waiting with hope.

anyway I'm getting more and more excited to see your lovely baby:)

P.S I miss you guys.. come back home soon!!!
:):):)

December 13, 2007 at 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home