October 1, 2007

We're expecting from Ethiopia!!!


After a year of researching agencies, reading, and thinking about adoption, Mike and I have officially started the process!
We are thrilled to announce that we will be adopting a baby boy from Ethiopia!

I decided to start this blog so that family and friends can journey with us to meeting our son. When someone is pregnant it is easy to know what stage they are at in their pregnancy, you know the typical questions to ask, and there is a fairly accurate due date to anticipate. Mike and I don't exactly have a due date, not even a tentative month. So hopefully this blog will answer your questions and keep you all updated as we go.

As for blogging, I have never actually been a fan of blogs until I started researching adoption. Through countless blogs of families adopting from Ethiopia, I have found tons of information and support. It is now my hope that this blog will also be useful to other prospective adoptive parents out there who may be reading. And so, I too have become a blogger, somewhat hesitantly. (I still don't agree with facebook yet, so please do not attach any link to this in your facebook!)


love,

em & mike

12 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

fantastic! and might I add, really well written. you are very articulate!

snook.

October 10, 2007 at 9:18 PM  
Blogger The Hattons... said...

Congratulations guys. We're so excited to see you finally take the big steps. Let's do coffee soon. I'm sure we'd have tons to talk about. It'll be so great having a new playmate for Mikiyas just down the road!

Much love and many hugs of joy. We'll be starting our next fairly soon too.

October 10, 2007 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Congratulations you guys...
I am so happy for you... you guys will make great parents!!!
Love Carolyn

October 11, 2007 at 6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree!!! I love the idea and I'm excited to read it!

October 11, 2007 at 7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 11, 2007 at 7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Em and Mike, I am so excited for you, for this little boy and all the joy I am sure he is going to bring to you and our families. Lots of love and good luck with this blogging!

October 11, 2007 at 7:41 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Congratulations Mike and Emily!!
We are so happy for you. You guys will make great/fun parents!!
Enjoy the journey.

October 11, 2007 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Barry and Jana said...

Right on you two! I am the shining (though slightly off center) product of adoption. We're very excited for you and your family-to-be.

October 11, 2007 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So exciting.... I look forward to all the updates!

October 12, 2007 at 10:01 PM  
Blogger erin said...

i am so excited for you and when i tell dennis, he will be so excited too! that is such great news! we look forward to see this journey develop!

love erin and dennis (and the boys!)

October 14, 2007 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Kooy said...

How wicked awesome! Jon and I are both so very happy for you two. We can't wait to meet the next little Krabbendam. An Ethiopian kid with Krabbendam as a last name is a recipe for stardom!Congratulations.

October 16, 2007 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Hi Emily,
Thanks for introducing yourself to me, and Welcome to the wonderful world of adoption!
We found Choices to be excellent! Can't wait to see your journey progress!

October 17, 2007 at 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home