May 12, 2008

ramblings...

I purposefully decided to make my blog pretty straight forward and not exactly a journal of my emotions but today I think I am just going to start typing.....

On Friday I went to the chiropractor and he gave me a flower for Mother's Day (don't worry, the office was giving them out to all the mom's). He told me that he knew I wasn't a mother yet but that he knew I was working on it. It was such a simple thing, but it made me totally choke up. He was adopted himself and has been so supportive about our whole process.

At a family dinner on Saturday, my husband's uncle prayed for all the mom's and the mom's to be and I once again got all teary.... It was nice to feel like people acknowledge the fact that we are having a child.... he's just not growing in me right now. This continued over the whole week-end as well, I am so thankful to have such great family and friends.

We bought a "family car".... I'm so excited, it's absolutely amazing... I've previously been in carpools and having my own car for the first time in my life is a huge stress relief..... Mike and I were driving it together the first day we got it and we were listening to Death Cab's song Transatlantacism.... "I need you so much closer" I was looking in the rear view mirror thinking about how we are going to have our son looking back at us soon!!! It was so crazy to think about and then the words of the song just made it all too beautiful and I started bawling...

Today I got a sweet card and a magazine subscription to "Today's Parent" from my SAP Secret adoptive parent!!!. I couldn't believe it, I am so excited! I love getting mail and I love reading magazines and articles on parenting so thank you to whoever it is that sent me such an encouraging gift and card today. You made my day!

Oh and when we were at this family dinner I got a sweet fortune: Your path is difficult but will be amply rewarded.

We're almost at two months of waiting and we just heard from our caseworker that it is more likely to be at six months than 5 that we will hear something... but it will be worth it!!! So I'm telling myself that it is in 4 more months and to stay positive. And if I think of it as in a monthly routine that would be four more chiropractor adjustments, four more menstrual cycles, or eight more trips to Superstore for groceries..... That doesn't seem that bad!!!

Okay, I'm going to stop writing now.

6 Comments:

Blogger hazel said...

I'm glad you went with the emotional theme. Those were all pretty poignant moments you wrote about.

May 12, 2008 at 11:23 PM  
Blogger Owen and Bonnie said...

Em, such a great post! It made me smile to hear how you got to celebrate your first mother's day knowing that very soon you'll be a mom. What kind of car did you get??? I'm am SOOO excited for you as I know all about your CRAZY carpool drivers ;)

Miss you.

Lv - Bonnie

May 13, 2008 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Wow... your little one was such a big part of your Mother's Day already. It's heartwarming to see how other people in your life recognized it too.

Thanks for sharing. It always does me good to know that other's are going through the same emotional twists and turns. :)

(I'm still trying to wrap my ahead around the fact that we have just bought our first "family car" too. It feels weird. :)

May 13, 2008 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

oh snookie, you are so cute; I loved the emotional post! 4 months is going to go by SO fast :)
love you! looking forward to going to Superstore with you!

May 13, 2008 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe that this is the first time I've viewed your blog! :) But now I will be a constant follower! Looking forward to news of your baby boy!

May 14, 2008 at 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops.. I forgot a mother's day :(
Sorry, I should've remembered that.
I love you so much, and I know you are ready to be a GREAT mother^^.

I'm glad you finally bought a new car~~!!
how's it like? I really want to see that.
From a curious daughter in Korea :)

May 24, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home