April 14, 2008

1 month down!!!


Or is it just four weeks? I wasn't sure if I was supposed to post this on April 17th (our dossier landed in Addis on March 17th), or if I should post it today, four weeks later? Any suggestions? You see, I don't have a ticker which tells me these things!

Either way, it's been basically a month and we have been so busy with life that I haven't really noticed the wait yet. This may change when I have 2 weeks off at the end of this week and I have all the time in the world to read adoption blogs.
But, I also know that we are far away from a referral so I am not freaking out yet. I'm actually more anxious for other people in our yahoo group to get their referrals. Tons of people will be travelling from Canada in the next month or so, and we're all hoping that means more referrals are on the way.



It is so exciting to celebrate with others. In fact, I want to say a big congratulations to Justine (a mother of 6 boys!) who just got a referral for two beautiful girls ages three and five. Justine, I am so happy for you! I hope all your paperwork comes in smoothly and you can travel very soon.

You can check out her blog at: http://sixboysandalittlelady.blogspot.com/

4 Comments:

Blogger hazel said...

Ah, the monthly countdown. Congratulations on your first month down!!

I say you make a month whatever YOU like. The tickers go by the date - mine is the 9th of each month - sometimes it reads something weird like 'waiting 4 weeks and 5 days' which took some getting used to.

April 14, 2008 at 10:30 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Could the baby potentially be born already? I guess you don't know how old the baby is or when it is due yet?

April 15, 2008 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Happy month! If you choose to count each month on the 17th, we'll have the same "month day".

You're probably better off without a ticker... they're just like a little bad person waiting to smack you each time you log on. Unless it's a count down to the next episode of Lost (in 8 days!!)

Anyway... my point... you've made it through the first month, and that's one less you have to go through until you know who your child is. So HURRAY! The busier you stay, the faster they'll fly. :)

April 16, 2008 at 7:49 AM  
Blogger The Warren Family said...

Hi there,

I just found your blog and was checking it out! Love your posts, and I think I am going to write down some of those book titles you posted about.
I put a link from my blog to yours (just let me know if this is a problem and I will remove it!)
Our blog is:
http://warrenfamilyjourney.blogspot.com/

Shannon (-:

April 19, 2008 at 4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home