March 24, 2008

one week and my new favourite artist

We received confirmation last week that our dossier landed safely in Ethiopia. We have now officially been waiting for one week. I'm now supposed to complete Part 1 of the immigration route of our choice.... the thing is I still can't exactly decide. I think we may do both routes even though our agency advises against this. But so far, I am too overwhelmed with the amount of paperwork and the confusing questions that I have yet to complete either appications!

Instead, I have been listening to Michelle Featherstone. I first heard her song "sweet sweet baby" and it is absolutely perfect for anyone with a referral that is going crazy waiting for their baby to come home! If you haven't heard of her, go to her website www.michellefeatherstone.com and you can listn to a bunch of her songs. I tried to find a video of her singing this song but couldn't. Instead I will leave you with a song that is in the movie "The Peaceful Warrior."

Oh, and if you are a LOST fan (Dianne... :)) type her name into youtube and you will discover that there are many hard-core LOST fans out there that make music videos with footage from past shows and michelle's songs!!! So fun, but the one with Charlie is a bit too depressing so be careful.



Okay, so I can't stop telling you about her! Sorry. But I also have to reccomend her song "Go on my child" and "Coffee and cigarettes".... so beautiful. Ah.... thank God for music. I don't know how I could survive without it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

omg that was one of the most beautiful songs I have heard in a long time; of course, I'm a sucker for a girl on a piano! I can't believe there's this piece of you in Ethiopia now; that is, your dossier seems like a part of you and Mike and now it's way over there, that's just so crazy. okay, I'm rambling; I'm going to go call you now!!!!!

March 24, 2008 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Woohoo! Congrats! Isn't it cool to know that the dossier that has your fingerprints all over it is in Ethiopia?

And thanks a lot! Now who knows how much time I'll, um, "invest" looking up those videos, hehe. They will tide me over until the show resumes on Apr 24th. :) I should put a ticker on my blog to count down to it. (Of course I could quit if I wanted to. Seriously.)

March 25, 2008 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Ooh, I like her! And congrats on the Ethiopian adventure!

March 26, 2008 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That song was really nice... aw, Em you are going to be such a great mom!

March 30, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home