March 12, 2008

On its way to Ethiopia!!!


I just got the best news from our caseworker at Kidslink/Imagine. Our dossier was back from the embassy in Ottawa yesterday, and has left for Addis Ababa this morning! I had prepared myself for the 3 week wait in Ottawa (from their 2-3 week estimate) of how long it would take to get everything authenticated. The night before I was praying so hard that instead of the 2-3 week estimate, it would somehow be processed in 1 week and that I would get an email the next day. I knew it had happened before and that it was possible, and I hadn't prayed that hard since the night I prayed my sister would have her baby on March 1st the day I was off of work (and she did!). Anyways, sure enough the next day I got the email saying it was back already! With mailing times, this means it was done in exactly 5 business days! I'm definitely celebrating this because I know it is very well the last thing that will ever happen "fast" in our adoption.


We are now officially expecting from Ethiopia. By the time our dossier arrives in the right place it may be next week but I am starting to count down now! In approximately (give or take of course) 3-5 months we will look at our son's face! Wow, this whole process is starting to feel a lot more real.


Thank you so much to everyone... friends, family, yahoo friends, fellow adopting mom's that look at blogs obsessively, for all of your encouragement along this tedious paperwork journey. Now we get to sit and wait... I've never been so happy to be on a waitlist.

selam.

11 Comments:

Blogger hazel said...

Congratulations on reaching "officially waiting" status! There are so many steps along the journey, but I consider this one of the biggest. It finally brings you into Ethiopia (on paper, at least) and that much closer to your child.

March 12, 2008 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Is Eight Enough? said...

Emily,

I am so glad you got through so fast! Our file took 4 1/2 weeks! :o) But all in God's timing! I am happy to follow your journey to your little boy! Boys are *wonderful*!!!

Blessings, Justine

March 12, 2008 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

yay!!!! I'm soooooo excited! Mitten's getting a cousin :)

March 12, 2008 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Yippee kiyo kiyay!!!! Yahooo!!! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!

March 12, 2008 at 6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my!!!! I guess you get to begin the thinking of a name game... so hard but so worth it!!!!
I totally was able to feel all the enthusiasm and excitement in that blog... I can only imagine what you two were like in person the other night...

March 12, 2008 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Congrats my dear you are expecting!!! I'm so happy for the two of you that the authentication stage went quickly! WOOHOO!!!

March 12, 2008 at 10:50 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

YEAH!!! How did I not see this 2 days ago???

Congratulations on your new role of "expecting mom"! I've checked and yes, it means that you can eat for two if you want, enjoy frequently altering moods/emotions, and cry over long distance commercials.

It's great knowing that the next news you hear will be INCREDIBLE and life changing.

March 13, 2008 at 7:35 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

gasp! maybe our tots will be roommates! maybe they'll be little friends!

awe!

**sniff!**

March 13, 2008 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger Owen and Bonnie said...

UNBELIEVEABLE!! 3-5 months is really quick. Wow, I guess we need to start planning baby showers for you ;)

March 13, 2008 at 2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your "Expecting"ness!!!!! That's wonderful.

On a totally different note...
I tag you!
http://rowanfamilytree.wordpress.com/2008/03/15/10-random-things/

March 15, 2008 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

SOOO Excited! You have no idea.... okay maybe you do! YIPPEEE

March 22, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home