June 9, 2008

it won't stop raining...

It's June and I'm wearing winter clothes. I even turned on my fireplace today. Usually I don't feel that emotionally affected by the rain but it is starting to get to me. Maybe because today I was at a funeral and I just so badly want/need to see the sun. I was going to post a picture of miserable weather that I could find on google images but then I thought I would post some pictures in honour of John Faulkes (my brother-in-law's dad who just passed away) who was an amazing photographer.

So here they are.....




Oh how I can't wait to see some blue sky. I hate global warming! Ethiopia so desperately needs rain right now and we have had enough!

6 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

snookie, thanks for posting these pics; it was great having you and Mike there today. love you.

June 9, 2008 at 11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we are all suffering from SAD!

"Henderson Lake, British Columbia, has the greatest average annual precipitation in Canada – 6 655 millimetres." At least we don't live here!

"Every year, 1.8 million people die from diarrhoeal diseases (including cholera); 90% are children under five, mostly in developing countries."

Take care and remember- the sun is always shining- just sometimes behind a cloud!

June 9, 2008 at 11:40 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Those are beautiful pictures.Wow!
Sorry you are feelin down.
The Rain...Yes the Rain, here I sit using my sun therapy lamp in June. Maybe it just means we are going to have a really hot July!!
Chin Up Emily, it is all for a reason.♥♥♥Take Care of You.

June 10, 2008 at 6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better :)

It's already humid & hot today in Korea..I can feel sweat on my back. I heard someone told to her friend "How can we live in August?"^^;;

I like the weather in Canada, it's often rainy, but not humid so,,:)
Don't worry you are going to have a very nice weather in July & August! definitely!!
miss you♡
Da,

June 11, 2008 at 2:32 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

I agree, Em. This rain is blahing me out. I need some vitamin D!

June 11, 2008 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Owen and Bonnie said...

Oh Em, i'm so sad that you're wearing your winter clothes in June :( We have been having cooler, rainy weather here too - but not as bad as the coast.

The pics are AMAZING. I was so sorry to hear about Pete's dad passing away so suddenly...give Katie a hug from me. Miss you.

Bonnie

June 12, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home