July 9, 2008

"Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land"



The other night I started feeling like we were close to meeting our little one. Or at least like he was born and waiting for us. The next day I got this email and it got me all teary eyed at work. Our agency, Imagine Adoption, has bought a second transition home to keep up with the amount of waiting families here in Canada! Right now, if all the beds are full and they are waiting on visas they cannot take in any more babies. So, our agency just bought a 6500 sq. ft. home and purchased 40 new cribs! This also means that the old home will be able to have more room for older children and toddlers. In the email the words "lessen the wait time" were mentioned. Now, I know all you APs out their know what this does to you. I immediately became so excited at the thought that our referral could be on its way. However, I emailed my caseworker the next day and was told that this new home will just mean they can keep up with their current timelines. Hm.... what to do. I suppose I will just wait.

Adoption is such a bizarre thing though, because one moment I am rejoicing that they bought 40 new cribs and then the other I am realizing that 40 moms are in a desperate situation in order for these children to be placed for adoption. What feels like good news to us, is someone elses heartbreak. I pray that if our son's birth mom is alive, that the news of her baby being adopted will be good news to her soul and that she will have peace over the whole process.


(this is where our baby will live and where we will meet him....just had to write that because it still feels too surreal!)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!

Your words Emily on how your excitement for 40 cribs and a mother's sadness (x40), is so unbelievably unselfish and nurturing- you don't know how ironic a statement is because as a mom (which you are) when you revel in what you can provide for your baby/kids, in the back of your head you feel sad for all the other moms and dads who aren't as fortunate or blessed as me/you. SO kudos to a new wonderful home for babies/toddlers in Ethiopia- because they deserve it!

And I love your blog! You make me think, you make me feel like I am there waiting... which I love because it IS so exciting!

Love your cousin
Erin

July 11, 2008 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Wow!! That's so exciting Em! I hope that this means you'll be seeing your son a wee bit sooner. My little 'un (whoever he/she may be) needs a playmate!!! Finally some exciting news amidst all this waiting :) Woohoo!

July 12, 2008 at 12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily!

Thanks for your message on our blog. I keep checking yours hoping for info too! I'm excited for Lucia to meet her little guy friend one of these days.

Do you have holidays coming up soon with ESLI? We should go for a walk or something one day...

Kim

July 13, 2008 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger The Warren Family said...

Very nice post! I know what you mean about feeling happy but then thinking about how our happiness comes from someone elses pain. It is a hard thing to think about isn't it?
Very well put post!

July 15, 2008 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger Owen and Bonnie said...

Em, exciting that your agency bought the new house - I'll be praying that you get some good news very SOON! Amazing that you actually have a picture of the place where you'll be picking up your son!! Wow.

Love you.

Bonnie

July 16, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home