August 17, 2008

Officially 5 months!

Today marks the official wait of 5 months. Woohoo! I'm still feeling pretty good, haven't gone crazy yet. Although last night I did have a wee bit of a referral nightmare.... instead of sending me a photo they sent me a freaky looking plastic doll in the mail and said that that was my baby. I phoned the agency and requested some photos because it was too difficult to attach to a doll and I didn't think it would really prepare me for when we went to Ethiopia. So wierd! And I won't even tell you what the baby's name was. You might think I am really crazy then.

Yesterday I went and got the mail and received my August Secret Pal gift: a beautiful "Made in Ethiopia" t-shirt for our little boy, and an adorable adoption positive kids book (A Mother for Choco). I started crying while I was reading the story, it is so sweet. I just have to say that I love this adoption community. Everyone is so supportive and understanding. This Tuesday I am going to meet another person off my bloglist: Dianne! I'm really excited!!! Hopefully we like each other!


Thank you secret pal! I love love love my presents. You made my day!

oooh.... and more good news. I just checked our yahoo forum and there was a referral on Friday. In fact, since my last post there have been two baby girls referred to very excited parents. I'm starting to officially feel like I could get "the call". Eeek!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU, CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING IT FIVE MONTHS!
LET THE FREAKY DREAMS BEGIN!
IT WILL BE SOON!

JENNY

August 18, 2008 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger Owen and Bonnie said...

wow - scary nightmare! I'll be praying for you as you continue to wait. Hope you are enjoying your summer break from teaching :)

take care.

Love, Bonnie

August 18, 2008 at 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you totally have me curious to what the name could possibly be.... ????? hint hint

A plastic doll in the mail isn't exactly maternal material to send to a mother in waiting, if a picture is not available I would have said to send a blanket, or you know a seed for you to plant, and when it gets ready to bloom your son would be waiting.

August 18, 2008 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

YEEAAAAAHHHHH! FIVE MONTHS!!! You're So close!

(ps - I think that not sharing the name of the plastic doll could seriously impede whether or not we like each other. It was "Dianne", right? Or Hurley. I need to know. lol)

August 18, 2008 at 5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute shirt! It certainly sounds as if you are getting close to the end of this part of the adoption marathon and with all the recent referral news, you must be getting excited.

August 18, 2008 at 10:47 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hopefully your referral is right around the corner, just in time to breeze through the court when it re-opens. At least you know for sure that this is the last August you will spend without your little one!

August 19, 2008 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It will be soon.... very soon! I just know it !!!! Can't wait :)

August 19, 2008 at 10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily - I'm so excited for you. Just around the corner...I don't even need to tell you to just imagine! :)

August 20, 2008 at 5:05 PM  
Blogger Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

just found your blog - good luck over the next month or so...

Laura
waiting almost 2 months for our referral.

August 20, 2008 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Painting the baby's room makes it more real, eh? You can imagine a real being sleeping in there while you do it! Cool!

August 21, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home