August 25, 2008

laminate floors and feeling calmer...

On Sunday Mike and I installed the floors together. The underlay was super easy and actually quite fun, the laminate a bit more tricky. I definitely don't think I could have done it without mike's genius cutting skills. I just can't visualize around a heat vent like he can. It turned out great and we love the colour of this floor. Now, for baseboards and some decorating. Yeah!!!
If you build it he will come.....



I bought some funky fabric and I plan to try and sew a banner.... stay tuned.




I'm feeling calmer today, not nearly as jumpy as last week. I'm back to my state of it will happen when it will happen and not really expecting it to be today. This feels a bit easier.


As for referral news.... congratulations to Jenny & Rob (from Mission, BC) who received the referral for beautiful Kalkidan. She is just gorgeous and has very kissable cheeks. Maybe one day we can have a play date!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG you are awesome, and you guys installed the same floor as we did, great minds think alike!

PS is that the fabric? it looks awesome!

August 25, 2008 at 10:29 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Wow! Looks great! We're home now so let's book a coffee date while we're both off!

August 26, 2008 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is really funky fabric! Very cool :)

August 26, 2008 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger hazel said...

Way to go! The floor looks terrific and I love the fabric selections.

August 27, 2008 at 12:52 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Fantastic job!! (You're hired!)

Can't wait to see how the banner looks :)

August 27, 2008 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Nice floor! I want to see what you are going to do with that cool fabric! And THANK YOU so much for your kind words!

Jen♥

August 27, 2008 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Thanks for the sweet comment. Love the fabric and the floors :)

August 27, 2008 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

NICE job on the flooring! I'm so impressed. The fabric is so cool to. Your kid is going to have the coolest baby room!

August 29, 2008 at 11:55 PM  
Blogger Proudmama said...

Hi Emily, I just drifted onto your blog from another so just wanted to say hi. I think that we may have seen each other at the June picnic at Jericho but never had a chance to introduce myself. I was there with my son Emmett but also have a hubby and a daughter, Maya. We live in Chilliwack so not too far.

I like the floors that you've installed and the fabric choices. The brown and fruit one is my fav.

Good luck, hoping that you receive referral news soon!

Courtney

August 31, 2008 at 3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The floor is one of my favorite kinds:) I'm impressed with your own making baby's room.
I want to go there someday again.

September 3, 2008 at 6:45 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

I love the floor you picked! It's awesome. We installed ours when selection was limited. Enjoy!
Barb

October 20, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home