August 29, 2008

Friday night blues...

I so hoped I would get the call on my holidays. But it looks like I will be getting it one day while I'm at work, oh well. I just hope I can skip out of teaching and leave early!


I hope I don't have too many more Friday's like this. This part of the waiting game is so draining. Always hopeful until the clock hits the closing time of your agency... and then the disappointment sets in. Of course this is followed by lots of logical thinking which soon loses out to the plain old emotion of "this sucks, I want to know my child's face now". Who cares about all the "it will happen when it's supposed to happen" stuff.

Here's a picture of something from last August long weekend that makes me smile. My niece's first trip to McDonald's.
My how she has grown! Don't worry we didn't actually feed her anything.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

I understand your frustration! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next week. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

August 29, 2008 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

For me, it was Friday at 2pm. We've got a break now, but I guess it will start back up once courts re-open. And "it will be just the right timing" doesn't help when you know that NOW would be just right too.

Enough already!

You're surrounded by friends who understand.

August 29, 2008 at 10:17 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Oh... and add to that... ((hugs))

August 29, 2008 at 11:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Owww... I was hoping Friday was going to be the day too! DARN!

August 30, 2008 at 11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike and Emily,

I love reading your blog, I am also adopting a son or daughter from Ethiopia (through IA) and I am approaching my 5th month of waiting (September 14). I am growing more excited with every day that passes and I wish all the best for you and hope you receive a referral soon :)

September 3, 2008 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger The Warren Family said...

I have my fingers crossed for you that it comes soon!! (-:

September 4, 2008 at 4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hope is tomorrow's veneer over today's disappointment." Evan Esar

Here is to hope, however, your disappointment is for reasons you should be so proud of... loving a little boy whom you can not see-- yet! Instead you feel, breathe and love him and can you imagine when you can put a little face to that- you are going to forget all about "this" time!

September 4, 2008 at 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh Emmy I'm sorry you have to endure another friday. love you oodles and oodles. and i updated my religious views. check it out.

September 5, 2008 at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home