June 16, 2011

i love this

...being able to put both my kids in the same sleepers!  Some of the sleepers i had for moses were pretty gender neutral so I have been able to put Holly in them now that she is basically the age Moses was when we met him.



So cute to see how they each look in them!  Moses really enjoys looking at these pictures as well : )  And it is so crazy to see how chubby he used to be!!!

And also very bizarre to imagine what it would be like if Holly suddenly left our family and was raised by someone else in an entirely new country.  I remember how alarmed Moses looked the day he woke up in our guest room and kept looking around the room for something familiar.  I'll never forget that look on his face.  His eyes just kept darting around the room.  Where am I?  Who are you?  Slowly he learned to trust us and he learned our faces.  Although we were very fortunate to meet him when he was just under 6 months, it is still very crazy to think now of Holly having to suddenly learn a new routine.  Puts things into perspective!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forget how little my baby was after seeing these pictures! They are both so sweet. I cannot believe how much hair you little girl has, wow!!!

June 16, 2011 at 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such cute kids Em!!
Eryn xo

June 16, 2011 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Em, this is sooooooooo freakin' adorable!!!!! Look at his chubby cheeks!!!! he looks SO different now, it's crazy! And wow, that is a really crazy way of thinking of things; poor little Mosey! He was so brave!

June 16, 2011 at 7:31 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Hm, I'd never thought of that. (odd now that I am thinking of it)... Sofia was 12 months when we met her and when Maizie hit that milestone I didn't pause to consider where she was at and what that meant in translation. Sofia acclimated so quickly that I tend to forget her beginnings were so different. Thanks for mentioning this.

Your kids are both ADORABLE!

June 17, 2011 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Dancin' Momma said...

Since we built our family the opposite way, I was very aware of those thoughts as we were bringing T home. I just kept thinking, what if it was D leaving us, how would he react. You are an amazing Mom!!!!

June 23, 2011 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

So cool Em! I can't get over how chunky Moses was and how much he's changed! And Holly sure looks like you in this photo :)

June 28, 2011 at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home