May 26, 2011

This year's Run for Water!

For the past few years we've supported our town's Run for Water fundraising event which supports the development organization Hope International in its efforts to bring clean water to Ethiopia.


(Two years ago, Moses' first Run for Water!)


(Last year, so nauseous..... pregnant with what we now know is our sweet Holly)

This year we decided to do not only the 5k walk on May 29th, but also fundraise extra funds!   We set our goal at $1000 and so far we have officially raised $510 from our family and friends.  I'm SO pleased!

I know there are a bunch of fundraisers always being blogged about in the adoption blog world for Ethiopia, but if you feel like supporting another one I promise you that this one is a good one!  The organization puts almost all of its funds to the actual cause and not wasteful administrative fees.  The wells they build are gravity fed and require almost no maintenance.

Clean water is a human right!!!!!!  Not only are you bringing the people of Ethiopia health by your donation, you are also bringing safety, education, and hope!

Here's our webpage if you want to support us in our efforts.
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=468839&supId=327573215


 Every little bit helps!  Thank you SO much!

2 Comments:

Blogger BCMommy said...

Yay! I am looking forward to seeing you there!

I have bad news about the Bumby...I asked Dimitri to move all the stuff so I could get it and he said he gave it to a work colleague a few months ago! He didn't bother telling me because he figured we didn't need it anymore. I'm sorry!!!!!!

May 27, 2011 at 7:17 AM  
Blogger Tova said...

That is so cool! Good job for being their nauseous last year. I hope we get a current pic of this year too. :)

May 27, 2011 at 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home