March 29, 2011

puke, poo, and painkillers

How is that for a title?

Seriously feels like that can sum up my past days so well.  Seems like I'm always cleaning up Holly's puke, Mosey's poo (or trying to get him to poo on the potty) and I'm always popping some painkillers!

I am however feeling much more like myself!  Still struggling with back pain but I definitely don't feel as emotionally out of control anymore.  This is a good thing!  I'm crying a lot less.  Yeah!  I just need to somehow be able to live with this pain in my back and not panic when it strikes.  I can still be a good mother even with back pain.

So as you may have guessed I've started potty training moses again.  I tried this months ago and he wasn't ready.  This time it is way easier.  A lot less accidents, but it still feels like a lot of work : ) This time he was motivated by his friend Hannah who came over wearing her undies.  I think this intrinsic motivation has made all the difference.  I can't believe I kept trying for so long before when I now know he really wasn't ready.

Okay, I must go rest while my two kids are both sleeping at the SAME TIME!!!  woohoo!

5 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are still in so much pain...I hope it starts getting better for you soon, and that Holly stops puking.

Also good luck with potty training - I fear it! :)

March 29, 2011 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Dancin' Momma said...

Have they discovered why you have the back pain? I hope they can do something to help you. Parenting when you are in pain is so hard. I actually have a draft blog post about parenting in pain that I have been working on. I will try and finish it. I am so glad things are improving.

March 29, 2011 at 2:31 PM  
Blogger Tova said...

I'm glad that overall things are improving! You 'sound' a bit better.

March 30, 2011 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Sounds like things are improving- hope that continues! Good luck with the potty training- we are not getting anywhere with that!


Carolyn

March 30, 2011 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Beautiful family...liked reading your blog!

July 6, 2011 at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home