November 8, 2010

pregnancy update

Well, I still haven't come up with a name for a new blog so I will post a bit more here.  I also don't have a lot of energy lately to think of starting a new blog anyways.

Since I last posted about my back things have gotten worse.  Basically every week my pain has increased.  In some ways I was getting used to the new level of pain but a week ago it got really bad and I could no longer drive or stand for longer than a minute without excruciating pain.  And so my new life on the couch began....  and then just when I thought the pain couldn't get worse it did.  Spasms so bad I could barely breathe and I ended up going to the ER this last Friday.  After having to yell at the doctor so that he would clue in this wasn't the average pregnant women's back pain I finally got admitted into the maternity ward and it took a couple of days to get my pain "under control."  I'm feeling a lot better and am home now.  But the only reason I feel better is that I'm on morphine, tylenol, and muscle relaxants around the clock.  So I still can't do anything as I am completely exhausted and the second the drugs start to wear off all the pain comes back immediately.

I'll be talking to my midwife this week and possibly having a transfer of care to an OB to look into the possibility of a c-section.  I have no physical strength and can't imagine pushing a baby out when I'm already in physical pain right now.  There are so many times in the day when the pain hits me that I am literally doing deep breathing, or rocking on my hands and knees and it looks like I'm already in labour!

I know this will all be worth it but let's just say life is a real challenge right now.  Especially being a mom to Moses.  I can't do anything right now so I either have a friend or family member over at the house helping me and taking care of Moses or Moses goes out for the day with them.  I miss going for walks to the park with my boy.  I hate that I snap at him all the time when I'm in pain.  But I have to keep reminding myself that no one remembers what life was like when they were two right???

I'll end with something happy.  A picture of Moses on Halloween.




There is so much more I could say but it is mostly depressing or negative which I don't like to be!  Let's just say I'm not exactly the happiest glowing pregnant women!  Sometimes I have to remind myself that there is a baby coming.  I am so consumed with surviving the day, or the moment.  I haven't even thought about getting stuff ready for a newborn!

So there it is.  My update.  Hopefully only 7 weeks left till we meet this little one!

8 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

I'm so sorry your pain has been so bad, Em! It is so mentally and physically exhausting, and I'm really feeling for you right now. And you're right - Moses will be ok. It's not easy feeling like you're not giving your child the attention they deserve - we're experiencing a little of that in our house just now - but he'll be ok.

I hope the meds provide the relief you need and that in 7 weeks (or less!) you experience pain relief of a much more lasting kind. Ok, I get that c-sections are no walk in the park, but I still hope that there is a great deal of relief in your very near future!

November 9, 2010 at 8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Em, this sucks!!! Hoping your pain is all gone when that baby arrives, and you can actually enjoy your family of 4.

November 9, 2010 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Dancin' Momma said...

I am so sorry this is has happened to you. I know we discussed this before, but honestly a csection may be the best solution for you. As I am facing major surgery (possibly two in the new year), I only wish they had heeded my requests and done a csection for me. I will be beridden for 3 to 6 months due to my surgeries, a csection would have prevented all of my ongoing suffering. Csections are not the enemy or a failure, in fact they can be a major blessing.

November 9, 2010 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I wish I could do something to really help you, but that's what family and friends are for - to help you when you're down. We love you and will do ANYTHING to make life easier for you right now!

And you're right, Moses won't remember this period. Not being able to focus on him might actually help with the transition with the new baby!!!

November 9, 2010 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am crossing my fingers and hoping that in 7 weeks, we will see that beautiful baby that is growing inside you! If I could make the 7 weeks go faster for you I would but you are strong and I know you can do it. Jill xoxo

November 9, 2010 at 11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw Em!! Feel so bad for you!! Not fun at all!! Praying that the 7 weeks left will go by fast!! Eryn xo

November 10, 2010 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

Man, this was not what I was hoping to read. I'm so sorry you have suffered all this time with back pain.
It is so hard to be in pain and look after a child. Who is kidding who, it's hard to be really pregnant and look after a child, let alone be in pain. I hope the meds. do wonders.

I had 2 scheduled c-sections and they were much easier than I ever anticipated. Best of luck.

November 12, 2010 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Sarah Rodgerson said...

So sorry to hear this. I know the challenges of dealing with a two year old while pregnant, but my pregnancy went very well. I cannot imagine how you are feeling to not even be able to take care of Moses. It will all be worth it, but I hope your pain goes down somewhat before the big day.

Sarah

November 21, 2010 at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home