March 7, 2010

Random!

I feel like I should post but I don't have much to say...

Wait, I do! Congratulations to Hazel and her daughter Biset who have arrived home from Ethiopia! It is always so heart-warming to follow someone's adoption process and FINALLY see it be completed with a happy ending. Congrats Hazel!

Okay, here are some random updates if anyone is reading this:

-We finished our last post-placement report with our social worker. Woohoo! And although she is a very nice women I am so relieved and happy for it to be done. We did have a good conversation about adopting again and she gave us a lot of useful information which was good. We've been doing a lot of researching lately but no one told me I would have to re-do my entire homestudy and education requirement if we are to adopt from the ministry. Hm.... interesting. And I believe this is only a rule in BC.

-I FINALLY received a letter in the mail from CIC after applying for Moses' Canadian citizenship. I had sent in Part 1 of his application probably 8 months or so ago. And I just received a letter that stated "We are informing you that we have received your application and will now look over it and let you know if we need any additional documentation." Great. So for all I know I have forgotten something and I will find out about it now. It then went on to say that they estimate it will take 12-15 months to complete his application. Wow, good thing we don't have any money to travel anywhere outside of Canada!


-For Mosey's 18 month birthday I bought him a potty! I'm only "introducing" it right now as he is not exactly ready for potty-training yet. But he understands what it is all for and proudly tries to pee each morning! Then he precedes to pee on the floor or in the shower. This potty is a basketball that has a fake flusher that cheers for you! He loves basketball so hopefully this will encourage things....



On his way to "gym and sing"


Being "gentle" with the cat.

14 Comments:

Blogger BCMommy said...

Wow, Em, he is getting sooo big!!!!

March 7, 2010 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Tova said...

Too cute. I had no idea that you had to redo everything to adopt from the ministry. Nuts.

March 7, 2010 at 10:26 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Moses has grown up so much! (Sniff!) Such a sweet, sweet boy. :)

March 7, 2010 at 10:45 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

The citizenship thing may not take that long. We recieved that letter too, and then just a few weeks later we received our son's citizenship card in the mail. Our application only took 7 months from when we sent in part 1. And I've heard of some cases that only took 3 months!

March 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM  
Blogger Ranavan said...

He is such a sweet little guy!!

March 8, 2010 at 7:56 AM  
Blogger Derrick, Alysia, and Levi said...

Wow, I remember reading about when you first got home with Moses! How time flies. He is as cute as ever though!

March 8, 2010 at 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish we lived together so we could have play dates! I think Moses and Eden would have so much fun together (and their mommies too)!

March 8, 2010 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

He is one good-lookin' little dude!

He looks like a charmer, too. :)

March 8, 2010 at 2:25 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

He's adorable - and the cat too.

I hope the citizenship happens faster than expected. It boggles my mind that they're not more efficient.

March 9, 2010 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Doesn't it feel good to get all the reports out of the way. I remember thinking "Ok now Sofia is really ours"

We went to a Ministry information session last year (before I knew I was pregnant) and were told we could use the homestudy we already had. Just that we'd need to update it. SO that info was current in Victoria January 2009.

I'm excited to hear that there might be a baby #2!

March 10, 2010 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger Owen and Bonnie said...

I love reading your posts! Moses just keeps getting cuter all the time - love the pic of him with the kitty :) Hope you are well.

Love, Bonnie

March 24, 2010 at 8:54 AM  
Anonymous hazel said...

Belated Thanks for the shout out :-) (This is me playing catch up on blog reading - I'm glad to see Moses grows cuter all the time!)

April 6, 2010 at 7:25 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

He is just so adorable... And the cat is pretty darn cute too. Good luck with the new potty.

April 10, 2010 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger Sharla said...

That sounds like quite the potty! In Alberta, I think only a homestudy update is required to do another adoption...well that's all that was required for us but it's been a few years so I don't know for sure. It's too bad that BC makes you start all over again!

Anyway, Moses is such a cutie!

April 27, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home