December 4, 2009

15 months!

So Moses is now 15 months! He is growing and changing so much. The social worker came over the other day and it was nice to hear that she thought he was doing great. He is definitely attached! More like glued to me. Right now we are going through an insanely "mommy mommy" phase. In fact he probably says mommy 100 times a day, and I am NOT exaggerating. Of course, I love it. He is my boy and I get tons of hugs and kisses lately.

We're so close in fact that he still likes to wake up a few time a night just to have some more holding time with me! lol. In fact moses has only slept through the night 4 times since we've brought him home! Ahhh... I'm so chronically sleep deprived I thought my thyroid was off. No such luck. But we are doing well. We have good nights and bad nights, and lately these bad nights seem to be linked to more teething (I'm thinking his eye-teeth). ugh (attachment parenting is not easy!).

I am just loving experiencing the xmas season with moses. We got this cute advent tree from superstore! And he says "wow" to it all the time. Anything that lights up gets one big "wow".


As for his language, I think he is over 20 words now. Some of my new favourites are "nummy" for all food, "num" for milk, and the way he yells at the cats and says "no" to them.

He can also sing "twinkle twinkle" and it is sooooo cute. I have it on video but have no idea how to post it on here.

okay, enough gushing over my son. hopefully this didn't make you want to puke!

I'll end with a big congrats to all the imagine families who never gave up and are now officially waiting for their children to come home! I'm so happy for all of you. This means that Imagine adoption has now been brought out of bankrupcy.
I can't wait to read of your referrals : )

Happy December!

16 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

He is one adorable little man, Em. Gush away.

December 4, 2009 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Derrick, Alysia, and Levi said...

Wow, he's so much bigger than the last time you posted pictures! Thanks for sharing. He is soooo cute!
Alysia

December 4, 2009 at 8:02 PM  
Blogger BCMommy said...

I agree with Alysia. What are you feeding him? It seems like he's really grown a lot! He's a little man now ;)

So glad he is getting into the Christmas season! And so happy you are all together this Christmas!!!!

December 4, 2009 at 9:02 PM  
Anonymous hazel said...

He's the perfect height for that advent tree.

Your first Christmas together - how amazing it will be! :-D

December 4, 2009 at 9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, that little face just says "wow" even without the audio. :) Enjoy your Christmas!!

December 4, 2009 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Ranavan said...

oh boy - he is seriously cute! I love the "wow" factor you get when he sees things light up!

December 5, 2009 at 6:51 AM  
Blogger The Turgeon Expansion said...

Sounds like he's doing great except he should really let his mommy sleep more!!

December 5, 2009 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

He just gets cuter everyday! Hey- can you e-mail me and tell me where you got that cute little tree that Moses is decorating? I love it.


Carolyn

December 5, 2009 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Pay no attention to me asking where you got that tree- if I paid more attention I would see you said it was from the superstore! Sorry!

Carolyn

December 5, 2009 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are a proud mom and so you should be!

December 7, 2009 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

He is a real cutie. What a great Christmas you will have this year.

I had similar sleep issues with my youngest son. He was also very attached to me (still is at the age of 4) and it seemed like forever before he finally started sleeping through the night on a regular basis. I have no solutions for you (wish I did) but can say that at some point down the road it will happen. I know that sleep deprived feeling. Ugh!

December 7, 2009 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Happy 15 months handsom boy! Here's to a great start to 2010!

L

December 9, 2009 at 7:23 AM  
Blogger Owen and Bonnie said...

Oh Emily, this is sooo adorable! Moses has THE cutest facial expressions!! So happy to hear that Moses is definitely 'attached' to you. You're such a great mommy :)

Merry Christmas!

Love, Bonnie

December 11, 2009 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

Your son is so cute!

I know ALL about the sleep issues! We too practiced attachment parenting and it was rough but worth it! I think teething definitely contributes to the sleep issues. Hang in there...it does get better! For us, it was THE WORST at 15 months, then it started getting better.

December 13, 2009 at 11:20 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

cute tree!!! and in answer to your questions on my blog, we are with Choices on the island, and feel free to blog-stalk away! I will return the favour. :)

December 15, 2009 at 11:20 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Happy First Christmas handsome little man!

December 29, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home