November 4, 2009

Lately...

We've definitely enjoyed our fall with Moses. His first halloween was so much fun. He's at such a great age, ooohing and aahhing over every lit pumpkin or saying his new favourite word....."wow".

Now we are gearing up for a new season. My maternity leave (I still call it that) is over. I'm so sad! My stay at home mom pay-cheque is gone!!! Boo. I made the decision to look for a new job and not return to my old teacing position although I did love it. It felt SO strange going into a job interview. I felt like I had forgotten how to speak like a teacher! I'm now going to be teaching an evening ESL class to new Canadian immigrants. I'm pretty excited but not sure how I'm going to balance everything. My husband has started his own business since I've been on mat leave and so our lives have become pretty crazy. I'm just thankful I will still have my mornings and days with mose.


my little man on his way to thanksgiving dinner.


The cousins in their halloween outfits courtesy of Grandma!


sigh.




always running.


Our little monkey.

14 Comments:

Blogger erin rindahl said...

he is the best dressed kid ever!

November 4, 2009 at 11:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

His costume is too adorable! And I love his little brown vest. :)

Your new job sounds great, it's so nice to spend the days with your little guy! :)

November 5, 2009 at 5:15 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Seeing your wonderful little boy just makes me want to have those kind of experiences myself-come on referral! It must be so hard to have to go back to work after all of that quality time at home. I am glad to hear that you found a position that works for you. I am a teacher myself and often think about what I will do when I have to make that choice. Best of luck!

November 5, 2009 at 6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo to going back to work! But hopefully you enjoy your job. Moses is a sweetie as usual :D

November 5, 2009 at 7:37 AM  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

Emily,
Moses is beautiful. He just has this content look deep in his eyes. What a blessing.
Make me dream in anticipation of our day.

November 5, 2009 at 7:54 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

I can only imagine how hard it will be to find balance when I'm back at work. I hope this arrangement of being able to spend days with Moses works out well for you!!

Moses is growing sweeter every day :) (Hana says hi and blows kisses!)

November 5, 2009 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

What a stylin' little man! And I know you, Em, you'll find a way to balance it all, and then some!

November 5, 2009 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger BCMommy said...

Ahhh...me too. Can't wait til our boo boo is home too. I love seeing the new photos! I especially love the photo of the cousins together!

November 5, 2009 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I haven't read your blog in so long it seems. COngrats on a new job that allows for so much time with Moses. And by the way... wow. What a handsome kid you've got there :)

November 5, 2009 at 7:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah Rodgerson said...

That thanksgiving outfit is the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Sarah

November 6, 2009 at 8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a beautiful family!!

Laura Van Maren

November 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great photos! Moses looks so grown up in some of them! (I think I need an updated picture for my fridge!)

November 8, 2009 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

A very handsome little monkey! I love his clothes!!! I hope our next child is a boy!

November 10, 2009 at 2:31 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Your son is so cute in his costume!

I'm sure you'll love your job teaching ESL to newcomers! I have done some volunteer work with African refugees who knew next to no English and it was so much fun!! Challenging but fun!

November 16, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home