January 11, 2010

Christmas photos!

Okay so I have finally had a chance to sit down and post pictures of our first Christmas with Moses. It was so much fun! Seriously, Christmas is just way better when you have kids. We had a wonderful day with family and loved watching Moses open his presents : )

We had an early Christmas celebration at my in-laws. Where Moses got his very first tricycle! He LOVES it.






We went to church Christmas eve. We were asked to do the reading and light the Christ candle. Afterwards, we had a relaxing evening at home. Grandma came over and read The Night Before Christmas.


Santa brought Mosey his very own Iggle Piggle. He loves the show In the Night Garden! We got him the DVD too. I can't believe I am actually encouraging him to get into it, but it is probably the only 30 minutes in the day where he sits still.

His Auntie and Uncle spoiled him with his very own glow-worm. He loves it and can sing ALL of the songs. He also got his very own Starbucks cup! Since he always screams for his own if I am drinking out of one.

We went to my mom's for dinner and she surprised the cousins with their very own house! Can you tell my mom has worked in preschools or day-cares for 25 years??? lol.






I love this picture! They have the exact same expression here. Sometimes I can't believe how similar they can look (and of course they are dressed alike which was honestly Mike's doing!).

On January 7th we celebrated our Ethiopian Orthodox Christmas with my first attempt at making Ethiopian food. It was a lot of work but I'm glad I did it. I started earlier in the week, buying the spices, and making Berbere. Then on the day of I made the injera while Mosey napped and the other dishes while he was screaming away as usual in the kitchen. The food tasted great, made me miss Ethiopia so much! The injera was okay. Definitely more like a whole-wheat pancake (I didn't have Teff flour) than injera but it was still good!

So yes, we had a wonderful Christmas. We are just so happy to have Moses in our lives. Lately, I could just cry when I look at him. I always heard people talk about this when you have kids but you just can't believe it until you do. You really do love them so much that it physically hurts.

Happy New Years everyone!
Much love to you and yours.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's looks like an awesome Christmas with Moses! Isn't it soooo much better having them home for Christmas than last year was?

January 11, 2010 at 5:54 PM  
Blogger Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

What a wonderful celebration - and will absolutely agree that Christmas is way more fun with children around.

BTW, thanks so much for all your support and excitement for us - we are anxious to share our great news over the next few months.

L

January 12, 2010 at 6:12 AM  
Blogger Ranavan said...

Wow, what a great Christmas...I love the "Moses and Zelda's Place" - too cute!

Nice work on the Injera - I have some Teff but I just haven't gotten the nerve up to make it....

January 12, 2010 at 7:12 AM  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

What a wonderful post, Emily. I would love to hear more about your Ethiopian cooking experience. It looked delicious and not super difficult? (but time consuming!!) :)
How amazing to look back and see how a year can change your family...

January 12, 2010 at 8:04 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

It was so special being able to celebrate Christmas all together this year :)
And your dinner was awesome! Even the injera :)

January 12, 2010 at 1:38 PM  
Anonymous hazel said...

These are great pictures. I'm glad you shared your first Christmas with Moses with us.

January 12, 2010 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, great photos! I love the cardboard house... sweet man! I bet the kids loved it :)

January 12, 2010 at 5:46 PM  
Blogger Sarah Rodgerson said...

OK seriously, I know we live on opposite sides of the country but our kids have to meet some day. Moses reminds me so much of Lincoln. Linc got the Iggle Piggle toy for his birthday in October, and he sits and looks at it with the exact same expression on his face as Moses has in that picture! Ditto for some of the other expressions in his pictures! too cute, glad you had a great Christmas!

Sarah

January 13, 2010 at 4:21 AM  
Blogger lyndsey said...

Looks like you had a GREAT holiday!! Thanks for the post on my wall today.
L

January 13, 2010 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Beautiful post Emily... I'm happy Moses is in your arms too! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. I love the house your mom made. Fantastic idea!

Heidi

January 14, 2010 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Great photos as usual, Em. I'll have to check out this Iggle Piggle character. Apparently it's all the rage and Miss Hannah is missing out!

January 14, 2010 at 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home