February 16, 2011

Mother And Child




*This trailer gives lots away, so only watch a bit if you don't want to have the whole thing pretty much ruined!

Mike and I both watched this movie and loved it.  It did take me a bit to get into it because one of the story lines was pretty cliche and the dialogue was just bad, but.......  I still say it is worth watching!  By the end I was crying and so glad I watched the whole film.  It has had me thinking of Moses' birth mom all week.

How often does she think of him?  We so wish we could have met her but sadly it didn't work out.

I remember when we first went to our adoption seminar over three years ago we were so nervous about an open adoption.  By the end of the seminar and learning more we were okay with it.  Now, we desperately wish we had it!  It feels so wrong to know nothing about where our son came from.  Yes, he came from Ethiopia.  But imagine adopting a child from Canada and only being able to teach him about Canadian culture, and nothing about his birth family.  I just wish I knew more about his birth parents.  
It is so sad that she has no idea of all the amazing things he does and says everyday.  

Now when we talk about adopting again we really hope we can have an open adoption.  We know it isn't always possible but if we were to do a domestic adoption or an adoption from the US, we hope it can be open.  No matter how messy or hard it might be.  

Anyways, watch this movie and let me know what you think.  It's not exactly "accurate" in terms of adoption in regards to how things are really done in a domestic adoption (even in the US), but it speaks beautifully of the love of a mother for her child.  

1 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

Ooo, thanks for the recommendation. It's on my library hold list now. :)

I hear you about open adoptions. We did a complete 180 on that as well.

February 16, 2011 at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home