February 4, 2011

My first Friday confessional...

So I think I am going to join the band-wagon of these Friday confessionals.  They are now my favourite posts to read from all the adoption and mothering blogs out there.  I think it is because they are usually the most honest.  It also seems like an easy way for me to get back into blogging with using point form!


So here goes...

I confess that after a very long day yesterday my sweet husband brought me home a booster juice and I added an ounce of gin to it.  yum.

I confess that I haven't blogged in awhile because yes I am tired, and yes I have no time, but mainly because I kept thinking I had to blog my "birth story" and I just don't want to think about it.  Sad but true.  I'm just happy to have my daughter but can't say I have any good memories of the hospital/surgery experience (thanks to a horrible nurse and the fact that I have a tolerance to morphine).

I confess that the c-section recovery has been way harder than I ever could've imagined and I am secretly angry/jealous at all the women who told me how easy there's was.  I guess I should've known considering the state I was in before surgery.

I confess that I have the best sister and mother ever and I'm so glad my sweet daughter's middle names are after them.  I could not have survived the past 10 months without their help.

I confess that I have turned into the uptight mother I never wanted to be.

I confess that I am watching this season of the Bachelor even though it is probably the lamest one yet.  I still love it.

I confess that despite how hard and overwhelming this transition into mother of two has been, mike and I have already talked about adopting again.  And he brought it up!  Woohoo!  It won't be for a long time though : )

I confess that I really need to get a new blog and blog title and still can't come up with one!  I wish someone would just design one that perfectly suits me.


13 Comments:

Blogger BCMommy said...

She is beautiful!!!!! Look at all of that hair!

I am so glad you are thinking of adopting again. Any ideas as to where?

I's sorry things didn't go well for the birth. There's nothing worse than feeling so out of control with pain and having no one able to help you. I was irritated with everyone during my two experiences, because it seemed like whatever they gave me did nothing!

Oh well!

We need to get together soon. Would love to have you guys over and Moses can play with our boys while I cuddle that cutie pie!!!!!!!

February 4, 2011 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Only 1 ounce of gin? ;)

Holly is Gorgeous! I can't get over her hair... I'm sure you hear that a lot. I hope I get to hold her soon!

Sorry you've had such a rough 10 months. I can't even imagine. It can only get better from here though :)

February 4, 2011 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger Ranavan said...

Oh Yay!!! Welcome to Confession Friday!!!!

Yum...gin in a booster juice - grrrreat idea!!!

So sorry your birth experience was so bad....even though we couldn't get pregnant - giving birth always scared me...like really scared me!

When we come out this summer we will have to get together!

February 4, 2011 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Ooh, love that you're going to be confessing! I'll start checking your blog more regularly again!

February 4, 2011 at 8:55 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Feel no pressure to post your birth story. Or to write about it anywhere. I think it's such a personal thing and I think it's kinda strange when people blog about it. I'd NEVER think about writing Sofias birth story on my blog so I didn't write Maizies.

Everyone heals differently. Give yourself a break. C-sections are MAJOR surgery that they pass off as minor surgery because of the outcome. If you'd had that same incision for any other reason you'd be off work for a minimum of 8 weeks. (Moms never get a day off though). I am TERRIFIED of c-sections and I think you were very brave for choosing one.

Lastly, I hope your booster juice was only a snack size because an ounce in regular sized one wouldn't be enough!

February 4, 2011 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

oh my little snookie, what a fun idea these "confessional fridays" are!!! SO funny that you put gin in your booster juice; I had NO idea, lol!!!! you go girl! and I got teary when I read that you thought you had the best mother and sister; so sweet. We love you to pieces!!!!! Holly is such a joy and you are doing such an amazing job with her, despite your pain and struggles. You should feel very proud mama!

February 4, 2011 at 9:40 PM  
Blogger Is Eight Enough? said...

Emily,

Your new wee one is a stunning little girl. Absolutely gorgeous! You are going to think me crazy, but, I actually had to go back and look at the nationality of your hubby! lol She looks Asian. I LOVE her eyes and hair. :o)

Justine
http://havefaithwilldream.blogspot.com

February 5, 2011 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger Derrick, Alysia, and Levi said...

Wow, she is incredibly gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!! So happy for you!

February 5, 2011 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice blog - I like reading the honest stories of motherhood.

February 7, 2011 at 10:41 PM  
Blogger Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Oh frick, I'm watching the Bachelor too - if you can cofess it, I guess I can too. Brad is a complete idot and those girls are pathetic.

And, much more importantly, your sweet precious angel is abolutely beautiful...

L

February 8, 2011 at 6:15 AM  
Blogger lyndsey said...

She is REALLY adorable.

Welcome to confessions... we are all addicted now.. they are the BEST to write and READ.

I just changed my blog... I went to the blogger design and there are WAY more fun options now that made it easy.

February 8, 2011 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Your daughter is beautiful. I gotta say I love her name. My daughters names are Gracie and Holly and my other daughters middle name is Elizabeth.
Debbie.

February 9, 2011 at 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to gin!!!

February 9, 2011 at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home