April 28, 2011

Where's my sweet little boy?

Seriously, something has happened to my sweet little Moses!  I've heard people talk about a switch that goes off and suddenly your child has a new dimension to their personality.  And wow is it true!  In the last two weeks Moses has started showing us his attitude.  And his constant desire to protest EVERYTHING and just let us know what he doesn't like.

I honestly find it quite funny, but it is also quite exhausting and frustrating.

Here's some of his fun new phrases that he loves to tell us:

"I don't want to"  (this can be for anything, including things he loves)
"You're driving me nuts" (Yes, it's true.... he learned that from me saying it to him..... mother fail)
"this is stupid"  (grr.....)
"I hate _____"  (I feel like my mother now, always telling him that hate is a strong word and we don't say it in our house)
"I hate you mommy"  (He does this for a reaction of course, he comes up to me and whispers this in my ear with a huge grin on his face.... he used to whisper I love you but he's discovered this is quite fun)
"I'm frustrated"
"I'm not very good" (This means he's not feeling very good about something we've asked him to do... I think!)

And here is he.  Our sweet and very much 2.5 year old Moses!



Can someone tell me if I will ever be able to leave Moses unattended without him destroying something in our house?  It feels like that day will never come!!!!!!!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Dancin' Momma said...

Yes but you have about 2 more years and even then it is not for long that you can turn your back! He sounds just like both my boys. They are all about the attitude!

April 28, 2011 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Oh, I sooooo hear you!

April 28, 2011 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger Tova said...

It will come. Eventually. :) Sounds all pretty normal, but doesn't mean I like it. My 2 year old has started saying things like 'stupid' and 'I'm never...' and 'I don't care!' ???

I don't tolerate it well. :(

April 28, 2011 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Livi has SUCH an attitude right now too. It must be the age. Hers seems premenstrual though... which I too find hilarious. Not looking forward to her teen years. She is SO over-dramatic! My laughter is probably not helping the situation. I should really get a handle on that before #2 comes.

April 28, 2011 at 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Emily
I am confident it only gets worse the destruction.
As for Moses, it is "typical" with the age and development process, but personally I would consider he has an older cousin who influences him to an older age category, consider him, advanced for his age.
xox erin

April 28, 2011 at 10:14 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Girl- you are not alone!!! I don't have any advice but wanted you to know that there are many of us out there that feel your pain! When will the attitude go away???? Ever??


Carolyn

April 30, 2011 at 5:51 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Oh, dear. NOT looking forward to that stage ... I still think Moses is super cute and sweet, and so does Hannah!

May 2, 2011 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Oh, I am so NOT looking forward to that stage ... But I still think Moses is super cute and sweet, and so does Hannah!

May 2, 2011 at 1:41 PM  
Blogger Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Oh, but look at that face. He couldn't possibly do anything wrong!

May 3, 2011 at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home