May 6, 2011

Confession Friday (the evening edition)

I confess that I am not really looking forward to mother's day.  I just feel like the day involves more work and stress than most days and shouldn't mother's day be LESS stressful?  Stress increases my back pain and I just hope that my day doesn't suck!  So yeah, not really excited for it.  Plus, why does mother's day have to be on a Sunday?  I think it should be on a Saturday, especially when both of your mother's go to church and live in town.  Makes celebrating difficult!

I confess that I just ordered a bunch of books off amazon that should hopefully help strengthen my marriage to my very much ADD husband.  I love him dearly, but but sometimes it can be challenging living someone who is constantly distracted or zoned out.  I'm very excited to read these two books:



(If anyone else has or is married to someone with ADD I'd love to hear any other good book recommendations!)

I confess that my husband is trying to convince me to do something insane and I might actually agree to it.

I confess that I put Moses on a time out in his room today without thinking that my husband had just touched up some of the paint on his wall.  Thank goodness I realized something was wrong when it was quiet (he's NEVER quiet unless he's getting into mischief).  And the damage had just gotten onto his hands.  Few!

I confess that I am SO happy to read that Ashleigh just got her referral today and it brought tears to my eyes as I reminisced how amazing it was to get the call about our sweet Moses!  Makes me also have a sneaking suspicion that Claire's call is coming soon.......  I really hope so!

I confess that I am horribly inconsistent with Moses, something I said I would never be.  woops.

I confess that I am counting down the minutes till bedtime right now.  And dreaming of having a hot bath... but wishing I actually had a soaker tub and not a lame shallow one.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what is he convincing you to do???? now i am so curious!!!

Erin

May 6, 2011 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

lovin' the evening edition!!! those books look very interesting; I might need to borrow them (not for P, but to better understand M)
love you! almost time for that hot bath (and maybe a special drink??)

May 6, 2011 at 8:25 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

I feel the same way about Mother's Day as Valentine's Day - it's an overly commercialized day to force people to recognize their mothers, when we SHOULD feel recognized and loved and appreciated throughout the year! So don't get too worked up about it :) And if you get royally spoiled and get a wee change to relax, BONUS! (and I still think that you should make a list for Mike telling him all the things that need to get done and ready before going out so that you don't have to do all of that tedious, pain in the a** stuff!) LOVE YOU!

May 6, 2011 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger BCMommy said...

Oh Em, I really hope so! Thanks for your positive thoughts! I always wonder why I am left to plan Mother's Day. Why can't my brother and husband take it on, so my mom and I can be spoiled for a day? Why must I decide the activity and make reservations etc.? It IS stressful trying to please everyone!

I hope you can find time to relax this weekend! Can't help you with the ADD spouse but if you are talking 5 yr olds, maybe....!!!!

Claire

May 6, 2011 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

What is this insane thing he is trying to get you to do????? I hope you can enjoy Mother's Day and that it is not overly stressful for you!



Carolyn

May 7, 2011 at 3:45 AM  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

:) (my face is stuck in that expression)

and i too want to know what he's trying to convince you to do!!!

A

May 7, 2011 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Insane feels good (once in a while)

May 9, 2011 at 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it about husbands trying for insanity these days?

And I just might have an ADD spouse. If you ever want to talk. :)

May 9, 2011 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

I'm curious, too. Do tell!!! :)

I felt really guilty about being annoyed that it was Mother's Day this weekend. Since I'm not a mother yet it didn't really apply to me and I wanted to be selfish instead of planning the day taking two moms out. Sigh.

My older brother was diagnosed with ADD as a child and now that he is an adult is is still very frustrating. I totally get where you are coming from on that front!

May 9, 2011 at 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home