June 30, 2011

Confession Thursday....

because Friday is a stat : )


I confess that I never really appreciated alcohol fully until I had two kids.

I confess that this week has felt very hectic and I have enjoyed many a glass of wine at night.

I confess that I cried during the Bachelorette this week.

I confess that I am still struggling with PPD.  Although I went off my anti-depressants and felt great... I can see things now from a different perspective and I know that in the last few weeks I am still not myself.  I don't think I need to go back on them but I do know that I need to take care of myself for the sake of my sanity and my families.  This time my PPD doesn't feel like depression it feels like living in a constant state of anger.  This is not me!  I wish I could snap out of it but something will set me off and I just can't....

I confess that that crazy thing my husband was trying to convince me to has happened.  We are selling our house!  eek!

I confess that I fully realize making a large decision like this and inviting more stress into my life may sounds really insane but I do believe it is the right one for our family (and my sister and her family who be living in our basement suite!!!).

I confess that one of the biggest factors in me agreeing to move was the promise of a hot tub for my back!  I dream of sitting in a hot tub at the end of a long day........ aah.......

I confess that I am going to be partying up Canada Day with Charlotte Diamond (hopefully if my back lasts that long) and I'm kind of excited to see her in concert again.

Happy Canada Day to my lovely readers!

5 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

I loved this post! I too have found the joys of alcohol in the past 9 months!!!!

Hope you start feeling more like your old self soon.

Selling the house- big decision! Maybe we can visit once you get that hot tub!

Carolyn

June 30, 2011 at 6:46 AM  
Blogger Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Did you say booze AND a hot tub? Sign me up!!!

PM about the anger thing...I've been there too.

L

June 30, 2011 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

YES! for alcohol! It's my survival tool too Em! And I'm so excited about your potential move. It'll be crazy, but I think it's a great decision for your guys. I didn't know about the hot tub deal - saweet! I'm even more excited for you now! And I didn't/don't have PPD and feel angry sometimes Em. I think it comes with exhaustion :(

July 1, 2011 at 5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hope for you Em is that you get your hot-tub and you get it fast!

You weren't the only one with tears on last week's Bachelorette... people who say that stuff is staged is crazy!

Your post was very honest and insightful - thanks for letting us know how you are doing.

Jill xo

July 1, 2011 at 9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love reading your posts em!! i'd love to have drinks in the hot tub with you one day!!! any chance you're moving out to manitoba?! ;) Eryn

July 4, 2011 at 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home