June 25, 2009

Do you know how lucky we are?

Today when I was washing the dishes I turned around and saw Moses sitting by the front door with his face in a stream of sunlight. He smiled at me and I was just overcome with the realization of how completely fortunate we are to have him home right now. And of course of how much we just love this little man.

But we could easily be one of the couples that are still waiting. My thoughts and prayers are with Nicky and her husband right now who received their referral for two beautiful girls a day before us. That's right, October 23rd... and they are still waiting for court. Adoption is not for the faint of heart people. I am also aware of others who are with a different agency that has even longer waits than ours... Rana has waited 20 agonizing months for a referral.

But it is worth it. And I know they will say the same thing.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dancin' Momma said...

This post made me cry... good tears, happy tears, but also sad tears. I know our time is coming, but I am sad for the time we, and others, are missing with their little ones.

June 25, 2009 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger The Turgeon Expansion said...

Yeah, I think I wrote you the wrong post on your blog meant for another blog! ACK!

Anyway, just delete that one and I meant to say...

Isn't it amazing the moments that strike you about how amazing these children are? I often think wow, so lucky are we!

June 25, 2009 at 8:43 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I love this post- it is so wonderful that you are enjoying yourself so much! You are right this process is not for the faint of heart- it takes a strong person to survive! Enjoy every minute!


Carolyn

June 26, 2009 at 3:37 AM  
Blogger hazel said...

That's beautiful.

Despite inconsistencies between individual journeys, at least we know the magnificence of the end result will be the same.

June 26, 2009 at 8:18 AM  
Blogger Ranavan said...

It is posts like this Emily, where you recount your beautiful moments with Moses, that help us still waiting gain strength to keep on!!!

Thanks for thinking of us here still in the battlefields.

You are right..one day we will have our wee ones home and we will say it was all worth it :)

Rana

June 26, 2009 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

my heart just breaks for those couples....
and I feel so thankful too that Moses is here with us now; our lives are so much richer.

June 26, 2009 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger Nicky said...

Thanks man....

PS: your baby is so beautiful :-)

June 28, 2009 at 7:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah Rodgerson said...

The amount of times since we arrived home with our little guy just over a month ago that I have had that same moment you just described could not even be counted....Every single day I could cry with happiness over the blessing we have received in our son Lincoln. My heart too goes out to those who are stuck in such agonizing waits, it seems so unfair. Thanks for sharing your moments with us.

Sarah

June 30, 2009 at 3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home