April 2, 2009

Day 7 and 8 (I will finish this eventually!)

Day 7: Unfortunatly we weren't able to meet Moses' birth mom, but we were able to visit the orphanage that she brought him to and it was a heart-wrenching experience in itself. It was really emotional to see the gates that she would've walked up to with him in her arms. The orphanage director was great, she remembered the exact crib that Moses was in and other details that were nice to hear. The older children at the orphanage were so beautiful and I just wanted to adopt them all and bring them back with us. Thankfully, we were told that most of them will be adopted by families in the US and somewhere else in Europe.




Day 8: Today we wanted to just relax and not do any touring around of any kind. So we went to the Hilton for some pool time! It was SO relaxing and Moses just loved chilling outside. The air there seemed cleaner somehow, and it was refreshing to see flowers and greenery. I was just really surprised to find out that the pool was heated in an extremely hot country! Not what I was expecting when I jumped in.

12 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Love the picture of him smiling on the lawn chair! So cute. By the way, my mom and sister were telling me today that they had clicked on my link to your blog and were going on about how absolutely adorable Moses was. He is incredibly gorgeous.

April 2, 2009 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

I can't imagine what it must have been like to see where Moses' mom made the biggest decision of her life. And what a fun day at the pool!

(what happened on day 7?)

April 2, 2009 at 6:56 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

He is SO SO SO SO cute!!!! I love seeing him at the pool! looking forward to some pool time with you guys this summer :)

April 2, 2009 at 7:20 PM  
Blogger emily said...

Your right Dana, what did happen on day 7?!
I think I need to re-name my post!!!

April 2, 2009 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger hazel said...

I'm really enjoying your posts and pictures (no pressure to writer faster, though!). You are so fortunate to have been able to visit Moses' orphanage and see his crib.

April 2, 2009 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger hazel said...

I'm really enjoying your posts and pictures (no pressure to writer faster, though!). You are so fortunate to have been able to visit Moses' orphanage and see his crib.

April 2, 2009 at 8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cute little moses chillaxin on the lawnchair.

April 2, 2009 at 9:27 PM  
Blogger The Turgeon Expansion said...

I'm so happy to hear you're still writing your posts!! I can't wait to be writing mine in a few weeks :)

April 3, 2009 at 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is beautiful. I hope you are all adjusting to being a family!

Laura Van Maren (Krabbendam)

April 3, 2009 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Dancin' Momma said...

Emily, just out of curiousity, which orphanage did Moses come from?

April 3, 2009 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Owen and Bonnie said...

I really hope to hear all these stories firsthand one day soon...!

Love, Bonnie

April 5, 2009 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So many great photos! That one of Moses just chillin' on the patio chair is cute.... he looks so grown up there!

April 10, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home