February 20, 2009

Another update!

Just got another update from the happy family in Ethiopia!

I think Mike and I are finally adjusting and getting a bit of a routine now. I still get bits of nausea and feeling sick if I climb stairs too fast but I am basically on the mends. I now just have a sore throat. But I'm pretty sure it is from the pollution, as I feel fine.

We are starting to really fall in love with Ethiopia, the people, the coffee, the food, and the list goes on. We had a rough night last night with Moses (he woke up at 3am and decided it was morning) but we're managing! We took it easy today and went swimming at the Hilton. It was strange being around so many foreigners! Mosey was super cute sitting in a lounge chair. Many pictures to come when we are home.

I can't believe we only have four may days left Our time is booked up with visiting the famous fistula hospital in Addis, visiting our sponsor child, going to an Orthodox church service (starts at 6:30am!!!) and a few other last minute shopping trips I'm sure.

I'm going to miss drinking the best coffee in the world every morning.


I'll end with a few more details in point form..... this is easier when you are tired:

-I find myself saying "come to auntie" and then realizing I'm his mom

-Mike and I enjoy saying "Holy Moses"

-Mosey is definitely teething.... fingers constantly in his mouth

-he's spitting up a lot... not sure what to do about that

-he's definitely poo-ing now

-we also call Moses "Mu-say" as it is pronounced in Amharic

-he's definitely not attached to us yet, he'd go with anyone on the street and be just as happy/charming

-driving in Addis feels safer than driving in Abbotsford despite its craziness

-Mike is adjusting super well, probably better than me! But that is to be expected. He's he super relaxed person, I'm the anxious one.

-We got to visit the orphanage where he came from, but the whereabouts of his birth mom is unknown



Good-night!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily Jayne,

I look forward to the pictures, but spitting up is normal, especially if he is teething- there is a lot of saliva consumption going on there. As for going to anyone, some kids have that personality- Liam would literally go with anyone although now he is turning into quite the Mama's boy (big smile)so to happy attachment and bonding on the rest of your your adventure in Ethiopia- bring back some coffee...lol And remember to swing by on your way back from the airport- just kidding- but if you want you can...

Love Erin

February 20, 2009 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

thank-you for the update! I love hearing about the little things :)

February 20, 2009 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Emily,

I am so thrilled for you and Mike that you are with your son. That is just so incredible. Enjoy the rest of your trip, drink it all in.
Have a safe flight home. We all look forward to hearing more of your experiences when you are home and more settled.

Tammy

February 20, 2009 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger Derrick, Alysia, and Levi said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures of your homecoming with your little angel in your arms. Glad things are going well!

February 20, 2009 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger Natalie and Chris said...

Sounds like you are doing pretty good. Happy to hear you are busy and adjusting...somewhat. I can't wait to hear more and see some pics. Be safe. Natalie

February 20, 2009 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah Rodgerson said...

Once again, so nice to hear about how things are going. I too cannot believe it is only 4 days until you leave for home, where did the time go? Thanks for keepiing us "in the loop"!

Sarah

February 20, 2009 at 5:01 PM  
Blogger Louise said...

I chuckled at your comment about saying come to auntie! I soooo did that in the first few days as well...its soo surreal huh!!
Louise

February 20, 2009 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yes thanks for the update!!!

February 20, 2009 at 5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys! You are too cute! I love the "Mu-say" ! that's adorable! I can't wait to see your pictures! I hope you don't forget one moment there in Ethiopia! You're both amazing! SOOOOO SOOOO PROUD!!!!

February 21, 2009 at 6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to be the SUPER mom for SUPER CUTE Mosey~!!
or, you already are//
By the way, I'd like to drink that coffee :)

Love
Dauny

p.s I was surprised at myself b/c I was about to spell 'buy the way' (convinient stores in Korea)

February 21, 2009 at 6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your super cute boy! (oh and I found a huge box of 3-6 months clothes that you can borrow whatever you want from when you get back, I'm sure he won't be in that size for very long with all the good loving he is getting!)

February 22, 2009 at 7:43 AM  
Blogger Owen and Bonnie said...

Hey Krabbendams, thanks for the update. You're coming HOME tomorrow!! Yeah! I SO wish I could be there to welcome you home in Vancouver...but I'll be there in heart :) You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Bonnie

February 23, 2009 at 2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome HOME! Although it sounds like it was also hard to leave. I've been thinking about you lots and am so excited for you!!!

February 25, 2009 at 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily - I'm so very happy for you buys - and I can't WAIT to see the pictures of your little guy in your arms.

all our best;
'Nicky & Jrock'

February 26, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home