January 15, 2009

Passport: check

Woohoo!!! I got the email today with a copy of Moses' passport in it!!!! So exciting.

Except when I opened it up I started freaking out at work because I swore it wasn't him. He looked SO different. We haven't seen a photo since the first week of december and he has really changed. Plus, he has either lost all of his hair or had his head shaved! I actually had to pull up his old picture and hold it next to this new one to prove to myself that it really was him. I wish we had our January update but my CW is going to Ethiopia tomorrow and she said the update won't be done until she gets back in a couple of weeks. But, she is going to try and take extra pictures of him with the care package she is delivering for us. So I can't really complain. Especially since other agencies don't even do monthly photos!

So... for people wondering. This now means that all of our documents are being couriered today to Nairobi so that we can get the visa necessary to bring Moses home. The last step. Wow. The last batch of PRV's came in 10 business days!!!!

I'm now officially in panic mode. We have so much to do. Our bathroom is finally finished being tiled (thanks Ken!) and now we have to clean out the baby's room. Here's a little picture of why I'm feeling stressed right now.






To top my day off, I received a beautiful gift in the mail from my friend shar. I had seen this adoption baby book online a long time ago and wanted to order it but never did. It is AMAZING. I highly recommend it. The wording is perfect.... "Your first birthday with us"...."Coming Home"... "The Match"..... "Our very first meeting"....."Your trip home".... I LOVE IT! Thanks shar.



14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh emily,

my heart/throat tightens for you and the music in the background doesn't help. This is far too amazing and i am priviledged to be your blogspot stalker, you make everyday crap seem insignificant when i think of how patient and strong you are.

on the hair note my friend from uganda cut both her sons hair when they were really little, it 'makes' it grow in thicker and removes light hair strands...lol, such an old wives tale--

January 15, 2009 at 11:01 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

We have the same book and can't wait to start filling them in. Congrats on the passport that is so very exciting!!

January 16, 2009 at 3:42 AM  
Blogger Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Oh Emily, hold tight, your boy is only moments away from your arms. I am so thrilled for you.

Laura

January 16, 2009 at 5:30 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

YEAH YEAH YIPPEEEE!!!! You're going to get your little man.... We're coming to Van in April, I hope we can get together with you then.

That book is great. I have one for Sofia, now I just need to find the time to fill it out. LOL

January 16, 2009 at 7:35 AM  
Blogger The Turgeon Expansion said...

I'm so happy things are moving so quickly for you! I often wonder why things go fast for some, and not so much for others.

Can't wait to hear about your travel date!!

January 16, 2009 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is a really cool book! Wow, things are happening so quickly!!! I am so happy for you guys.

January 16, 2009 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger Owen and Bonnie said...

Emily!! WOW WOW WOW I cannot believe all the details are coming together so quickly! Incredible. I'm sooo excited for you!! Can you even focus at work anymore?!? The book that Shar sent looks perfect :)

Love, Bonnie

January 16, 2009 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

I'm feeling panicky for you! But knowing you, you'll plow through your to-do list this weekend plus a few extras. I can't believe this is real all of a sudden! I can't wait to see the newest pic of little Mosey!

January 16, 2009 at 11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't panic... baby steps... make a detailed list of things to do and start crossing them off. Er, "relocate shop vac" should probably be right up there. ;) But don't worry if it doesn't all get done - Moses won't know the difference. :)

Hope the visa comes quickly!

January 18, 2009 at 9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you Em! you seriously need to change your song because i want to cry (like Erin) every time the site comes up!! i can't imagine all the stuff you guys are feeling... i'm sure the cluttered up baby room is a little more metaphorical than just some stuff that can be moved. you guys are going to be amazing parents! can you even imagine kissing his beautiful chubby cheeks for the first time, amidst the salt of your tears and laughter and reverence for such a reunion! I would love to be a fly on the wall for that moment.

January 18, 2009 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Isn't this insanely awesome! I love this feeling of constant butterflies! I am so excited, and I can't wait to hear about your visa!!!

Jen

January 18, 2009 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger Ricki said...

Ooooh that is so exciting!!! And seriously could you ask for a better more exciting kind of stress??? We could end up being in Ethiopia around the same time!!!!

January 19, 2009 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

You are getting so close. I am excited for you. The passport must make it seem more real.

January 19, 2009 at 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good heavens - you had better get crackin', my dear :-)

I'm so happy that you are of and running!!!

Nicky

January 19, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home