December 31, 2008

The waiting group!!!

So after I found out about our court date I got to go and have lunch with some other adopting mothers who live in the area. It was SO great to chat adoption for over three hours with people that totally understand and don't want you to stop talking about it! Thanks for all the love and congratulations you guys. I know you guys haven't had the "smoothest" of processes but your ability to still rejoice with me says a lot about your character. I'm praying so hard that your next court date will be successful.


From left to right: Dianne, Leah, Jenny, me, Claire.

a onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MvpXaNs60ls/SVvW6hWdb7I/AAAAAAAAARo/Gb11XV-CVMQ/s1600-h/IMG_0494.JPG">
Here's Jenny checking the latest on the yahoo group!!! I thought I was bad checking it at home obsessively. I just had to document this.


Jenny reading out my congratulations! Such a crazy subculture we are a part of.



And here's Dianne adding "Benadryl" to her travel list. I love you Dianne! We are going to travel together.


And THANK YOU to everyone for all your congratulations after I posted our good news. I am so overwhelmed with the love and support we have received from people both in our everyday life and people we have never even met but that we know are hoping and praying along with us.




7 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Love it Emily!
Here's to good news soon!

Jenny

December 31, 2008 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

this was so fun to look at! I always hear about the yahoo group and occasionally check some of the blogs you follow, but it's neat to put a name to a face and see you all together :)

December 31, 2008 at 2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew, I was hoping I wasn't the only person 'reading' others blogs! How neat will it be when you all meet again with your babies/tots in tote, I bet the restaurant will be less adult like..HAHAHAHA!

( I predict crayons at the table with a server looking overwhelmed as they look under the table to find 50% of the lunch they served)

December 31, 2008 at 4:37 PM  
Blogger BCMommy said...

It was lots of fun, Emily! I didn't know you were friends with Emily C!! I used to babysit her when she was about 3! Ha ha ha!
Claire

January 1, 2009 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah Rodgerson said...

haha, the blackberry picture is so funny. I (and my husband) thought I was bad for jumping on the computer as soon as I walk in the door after work, so this makes me feel better!

Sarah

January 2, 2009 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

I'll tell you - another case of AOCD!

I so wish that I could have a "waiting group" close by to get together with - you are so blessed.

Laura

January 2, 2009 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

I am SO SO SO jealous that I live on the wrong side of the ferry! Although I'm not waiting I still would've loved to go for lunch with you and talk adoption!

January 8, 2009 at 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home