December 10, 2008

Medical, Visas, and Shopping!!!

I just heard from my caseworker today that the medical request (necessary to obtain a visa) has been requested!!! Yeah!!! Canada Immigration (CIC) had two months to complete this from the time they received our paperwork (Nov.27th) and it has been requested today, only a couple weeks later! Now, they have 7 days to send an immigration doctor to the transition house to complete the medical test. If all goes well, we will hear nothing and another step will be complete. I'm so happy, because it is possible to finish court and have to still wait for medical. which is no fun at all. So it feels great to get this out of the way.

AND........... a huge congratulations are in order for all of the families who received the news that their visas are in and that they can go and pick up their babies in time for Christmas!!! Can you imagine? This is also extra exciting for everyone else because their visas were issued less than a month after court. This never happens!!! This is a serious record for Nairobi.

Do you know what this means????????

If we pass court Dec.26th we could be traveling four weeks later!!! When I read this news yesterday I started to freak out. We have so many unfinished renos in our house and so many things left to get ready for the baby.

So what did I do???

I pulled out our visa card!!! And here is what I ordered!!!


(thanks mom!)


(thanks J & R)


(thanks minuihandysitt.com)

I am so excited about this high-chair. I wanted something that wasn't huge and plastic and my sister told me about this amazing chair that can last till age 4! Visit their website, it's amazing... it can fit on almost any chair and it's super compact.

Now we just have to get a stroller, car seat, diaper bag, and probably a bunch of other things I don't even know about yet. But it feels good to get this big stuff underway. I have a feeling our visa card will be getting a lot of use in the next while.

I just wish I could know now if we are going to pass court on the first try or not!!! This part is so hard. I get so excited and then I realize that we could be in the same situation like some of the families who didn't pass court in November: watching other families go and pick up their kids when it could have been us. My heart goes out to all of you! I can't even begin to imagine how much that must hurt. You are all in my prayers this Christmas.


PS: we just got an update on Samuel yesterday and he now weighs 12.3 pounds!!! He looks so playful and alert... I just want to pick him up so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so comforting to see that he is being taken such good care of. He even sent us a Christmas card, isn't he thoughtful?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful crib and dresser, what wonderful news, what an awesome highchair (may look into it for Olivia and Liam), what a wonderfully exciting Christmas this is going to be for you, and Your blog heading is kind of ironic Medical, Visas and shopping! Your poor Visa (credit), babies do it to you, how can you resist! If you ever need a shopping partner-- call me! And I bought my stroller from a website

www.babyguru.ca there prices are reasonable and free delivery to your door, although I bought mine just after xmas and the prices were lower because the new year line was coming in!

Much love to your chubby Samuel! Ok not chubby, pleasantly round!

December 10, 2008 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

So exciting Em!!! Yes, babies are expensive even before they arrive in our arms!!! I'll have to look into that highchair too! And that's so exciting about the medical! Here's hoping that everything else happens swiftly :)

December 10, 2008 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

wow, this is exciting news! and I LOVE seeing all the gorgeous baby gear!!!! Zee is a little confused, she said "mosey coming Friday"

December 10, 2008 at 9:05 PM  
Blogger hazel said...

I LOVE your furniture purchases!! And that is great news about the medical request. Things are moving along fast :-)

December 10, 2008 at 9:40 PM  
Blogger Owen and Bonnie said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! How exciting is this?!? Em, you are so cute - I just had to laugh reading your post. I could just imagine you pulling out that Visa card and ordering your furniture :) I love all of it. That chair looks pretty funky - I've never seen anything like that! I'll be phoning you for all the furniture and shopping advice when we have kids ;)

Bonnie

December 10, 2008 at 9:56 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Yes! Great news! Be prepared to keep shopping Emily..you've only just begun!!! Beautiful crib and dresser.

Jenny♥

December 11, 2008 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

I am SO excited for you! This is such amazing news!!! I know first hand the benefits of having the medical done before the court date. Our visa arrived Apr 18 and our court date was only Mar 14. It can happen... You could have your angel home by Christmas!

Although your little guy is younger than Sofia was if you have any questions just ask! I also know the pain of traveling before friends that "should" have traveled before you. The guilt is hard.

I will be thinking about you on the 26 and praying for good things and good news. oh yes, and checking your blog like crazy for an update!

December 11, 2008 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger The Warren Family said...

Ww, how exciting, you are getting so close to meeting your little one.

December 14, 2008 at 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know - our first court date is December 30th, and BOY are we hoping!!! Although citizenship should take a little longer though...
Nicky

December 17, 2008 at 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home