November 11, 2008

November update on Samuel!!!

To my surprise, when I opened my email this morning I found an update with new photos of our little man! I just started screaming. It is so amazing to see how he has grown!

So here are some new things we've learned about Samuel:

He babbles!!!

Weight: 9.9 pounds (he's gained 2lbs 5oz since his 15 day weight and his face is way more round!!!)

Length: 56.5 centimeters

Head circumference: 39.5 centimeters

Vaccines: it looks like he's had two vaccinations done for a total of 7 needles??? If I am reading the chart right. Whatever it is, I hope his caretaker was extra sweet to him that day.

He's really cute.

We have prints of his tiny little hands and feet.

No new curls, maybe a few less!


(more shots of friends & family seeing our referral pictures)

In other news, it looks like 6 families (that received their referrals in the summer during court closures) passed court today. I am so happy for them all. Of course, there are still many more families that are still waiting to hear and one family that I know of who have a rescheduled date for December 31st! Eeek! I am praying that we have a court date before Christmas, but part of me wonders now if it won't be till after. I'm managing to feel pretty peaceful about it all though. So far the wait has been like the beginning of the referral wait: exciting. I'm sure as we move closer it will change to something more along the lines of torture/agony.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Send me pics please!!!

November 11, 2008 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

I just want to say that I am impressed with IAs new policies. I think it is fantastic that you are getting so much info on Samuel and pictures too. Mostly I must say that I would have given my eye teeth to have ANYTHING about Sofia while we were waiting ... but foot and hand prints!!! YEEGAWD how thoughtful!

I'm sorry that your referral took so long to come to you but I'm excited for you that your wait to pick him up with be filled with treats in your inbox!
All the best, Alicia

November 11, 2008 at 4:13 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

PRECIOUS!!!

GAH!!!

November 11, 2008 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Dancin' Momma said...

How exciting and so quick! I love the idea of little hand and foot prints. So sweet :)

November 11, 2008 at 4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome - I think we should be getting an update on the girls in a couple of weeks and I can hardly wait :-)

I have to say, the families getting through court today made me very optomistic!

Nicky

November 11, 2008 at 8:10 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

love the pic you chose to share with everyone :)
btw everyone, the hottie with the long dark hair is single...

November 11, 2008 at 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie is using your blog as a dating sight, no fair, can I use it to search for a nanny? Just kidding, I love that they are sending information on Samuel as a baby, it will make having a baby book, scrapbook more complete as he gets older and wants to ask questions like how much did I weigh, how big were my feet, what did I look like? So exciting and might I add I love his little curls and IF I obsess over them when he is here please do not hold it against me!

XOXO

November 11, 2008 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

That's so wonderful! I look forward to one day being able to see pics of your beautiful little boy! :)

Here's to a speedy court date.

Cheers!

November 11, 2008 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Katie... your hilarious! Loved the new pics of Samuel!

November 13, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home