September 24, 2008

"His banner over you, his banner over me, his banner over us, is love love love"

I honestly can't believe I completed this project and that it wasn't too difficult. I tried knitting last year and it was WAY harder. Sewing is actually quite fun! Yeah!

I promised pictures so here it is.... I haven't officially hung it up yet so it's just draped from the blinds for now.


Not sure what to say that Ben Harper hasn't already sung for me about the wait... we're just trying to be patient over here.

I heard that our agency now has a stricter policy about not referring any children until every piece of paperwork is completed (they used to just trust that the orphanage would follow through on the documents). The rumour is that there are babies waiting right now on missing documents before they can be referred. I also heard that the director went to Ethiopia to hopefully figure things out but as far as i know she's back and there's still nothing! Mike called me at work the other day and was like, "Wow, don't you sound happy to hear from me. Why are you so disappointed?" Hm..... do I need to remind you what my heart does every time the phone rings???

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea, and sewing is fun, how come it sucked so much in high school? It looks great!

pfft! To all that paperwork! There are some cute little babies waiting to be loved and spoiled, not waiting for someone to make sure the "i" is dotted and the "t" is crossed. May the phone ring and it not be Mike in your future *wink wink*

September 24, 2008 at 10:01 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Looks good Em! I try not to call before 4:30 for just that reason!

September 25, 2008 at 6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like 'Emily made banner' and he will also like it:)
I might be able to understand how hard to wait for someone you love or, will love :)
It's sometimes hard and frustraiting to wait for a long time, but I want you to keep the hopes about him and he will finally come!!!

miss you so much,
dada/^^/

September 25, 2008 at 7:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cute banner!

September 28, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home