October 14, 2008

some music to pass the time...

"World on Fire" by Sarah McLachlan



While searching for some good ol' U2 classics I came across this interview from 1982 of Bono discussing the meaning behind the song "October." Of course I have to love this song because it is my birthday month and pretty much the best month of the year. But, this interview just further confirms my love for Bono and the fact that I think he might possibly be a saint. His words are quite prophetic actually. It doesn't have the best recording of the actual song, but if you are a true fan I'm sure you'll have the CD somewhere.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Sarah McLachlan video - might even borrow it for my blog :) - hope you don't mind. Laura

October 15, 2008 at 5:44 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Oh, Sarah, how I love thee. What a way to pass the excrutiating days for you, listening to Sarah. (Side note: Did you know Sarah and Ash are going through a divorce??? Broke my heart!) Sending you hopeful thoughts. Would it help if I started threatening people in charge for you???

October 15, 2008 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I've always loved that Saah McLachlan video. The numbers are so embarrassing for our society. If only...

October 15, 2008 at 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved that video from Sarah. I didn't realize the first time I had watched how much a video cost, and then how much(little) money could do when better spent.

As for storming out the long days, you are doing FANTABULOUS (I am not sure that is even a word but it sounds like it should be). Now if only I could better spend my anxious moments as rational and sane as you.

As for life in the fraser valley, give my best to everyone, and keep blogging, you are seriously one of the better ones I follow!

XOXO

October 15, 2008 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger The Warren Family said...

Why couldn't bono have been on my ballot? I say Bono for prime Minister of Canada - ok he is not a Canadian, shucks!

October 15, 2008 at 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home