January 13, 2009

LONO: check

We received a copy of our "Letter of No Objection" today from the B.C. government. So we now know that the B.C. government does not object to mike and I adopting. Yeah! We actually knew this a year ago after we passed our homestudy but our agency waits till after court to issue the letter.

We are still waiting on the passport. Once that happens (still hoping for this week) we will wait for visa. This could take anywhere from 2-8 weeks..... but lately it has been fast. I can't believe we could be traveling so soon. In some ways things are feeling more real (I've started having nightmares of leaving Moses unattended because I forget I have a baby) and in other ways I feel ultra calm. Almost like I don't really believe it yet. I could be holding him very soon? Really? Really?

We still have tons of things to do to get ready. We just finished tiling our bathroom so now we can remove all the tiling material and the toilet out of the babies room. There is lots to be done! Clothes to be washed, diapers to be washed, and many more things to buy.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dancin' Momma said...

Its getting close... he will be in your arms very soon!

January 13, 2009 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Woohoo! That's awesome. I have to come and see your tiling job. Remember, any help you need getting ready let me know! Talk soon :)

January 13, 2009 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Emily....Get on it!! You are going sooner then you think. I just know it and feel it. Not to make you feel more anxious or anything, lol....but get on it!♥ Feb is coming fast!!!!

Jen

January 13, 2009 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Things seem to be moving so quickly now! We are so excited for you!

I remember having nightmares about leaving Livi face down on a soft couch while I was still pregnant and after she was born and I was so sleep deprived I literally would double check the car seat to make sure I had really put her in it and brought her with me. (Honestly, occasionally I still have the same panic attacks and double check...)

January 13, 2009 at 9:50 PM  
Blogger Ranavan said...

Wow, you will be going to E so soon!!! How exciting :)

January 14, 2009 at 7:24 AM  
Blogger The Turgeon Expansion said...

You lucky ducks!! Everything is rocking and rolling so smoothly and quickly for you, that's great!!

January 14, 2009 at 7:31 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Wow! I know you've been waiting forever, but this is happening so quickly suddenly! As with Jilly, if you need ANYTHING, let me know. I'm getting good at washing and folding baby clothes ...

January 14, 2009 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

I laughed out loud with your comment about leaving Moses unattended because you forgot you had a kid. It's happened to me a few different times! I think it must be common.
When we first came home I would forget that she was already home while she was napping ...
Once we were playing outside with all our neighbours and she fell and started crying and I was wondering when the poor kids parent was going to pick them up ... oops!
You'll do fine, kids are loud and like to remind you of their presence.

January 14, 2009 at 11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

What kinds of things do you need for Moses? I have a bouncy seat and a bumbo seat you could borrow if you like, and two kinds of Baby Bjorns...

I'd also like to get Moses a baby gift - are you having a shower before or after? What do you need for him?

I'm so excited for you!

January 15, 2009 at 5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home