January 25, 2009

Happy 5 months Mosey!

I can't believe Moses is turning 5 months tomorrow. I am dying to get an update on him. I want to know if he can roll over, or sit up, or if he has any teeth..... our caseworker should be getting back from Ethiopia sometime soon..... I hope this update is detailed!

In other news, Mike and I spent the weekend working... I painted the bathroom, and we together built the crib. This was an interesting experience. My husband is a journeymen and likes to treat me like his apprentice. Let's just say it can get interesting!!! Anyways, I will post pictures of the room soon. It doesn't look like much right now because they messed up the order and the mattress never came or the dresser. But I do love the crib and seeing it in his room feels much more real.

Even though we got a few big projects done this weekend I still feel stressed. It seems like the moment I check one thing off my to-do list I think of another five. I'm thinking that I may need to take a personal day from work to get things done. We still need to finish the closet organizer, paint the base boards, build the dresser, wash the clothes, talk to a travel agent, etc. etc. One thing that does feel good when you are insanely busy, is ordering things online. I HATE shopping so ordering in things that I need and picking it up at the post office is so satisfying. Last week I picked up some more stuff for our cloth diaper stash, an ergo carrier, and I just ordered a stroller thanks to my dad!

I keep telling myself that all Mosey really needs is us and formula and he will be just fine. But I would really like our house to at least look clean and be child-safe. In other words, we still have a lot of work to do.

By the way, does anyone know when I am supposed to apply for parental leave? I have issues with government websites and I can't seem to find this out.

12 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

LOL, I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall while you guys were building that crib!!!! but it looks great :)
don't worry, everything that needs to done somehow will get done, and if you need to start delegating anything, then go right ahead!!!! I remember how much you did for me before Zee came along....

January 25, 2009 at 11:31 PM  
Blogger Ranavan said...

Happy 5 months Moses!

I love internet shopping - isn't great - you buy - they send it to your house - you are happy!

January 26, 2009 at 7:09 AM  
Blogger The Turgeon Expansion said...

Happy 5 months little man!! We hope your mom & dad are off to get you very very soon!!

January 26, 2009 at 7:21 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

You apply as soon as you stop work (like your last day of work). Can't wait to see his room! And I know Mosey won't need much, but it helps you prepare mentally by doing all the extras.

January 26, 2009 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

http://www100.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/ae-ei/dem-app/english/home2.html

January 26, 2009 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Owen and Bonnie said...

Oh Em, I know how much you dislike shopping...and if I was still living in Abby I would LOVE to go shopping for you!! I'm sorry that you're feeling stressed - I definitely know/understand the stress and heavy workload that you have at work. And now you have SO much to do at home too. I know that you'll get everything done, but I think you should definitely take a few personal days from work - you deserve it!!

Happy 5 months Moses!

January 26, 2009 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Hi there! Crib building...oh my least favourite activity!

As for EI, with adoption you can't apply until the day you take possession of your child, so we can't start ours until Dion is home.

Yeah!!

Barb

January 26, 2009 at 5:36 PM  
Blogger hazel said...

Happy Five Months, Moses!!!

While building Myfwanwy's crib, I only had me to gripe to, but that didn't stop me from whinging up a storm. Just bite your tongue and count yourself lucky to have a man around the house who knows what he's doing.

I can't wait to see your nursery pictures.

January 26, 2009 at 9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily...can't wait to meet your son. What an amazing journey and what an amazing gift at the end of it!

Love you!
Tina

January 26, 2009 at 9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emmy, in some weird way at the end it all comes together and you will be like, "base boards? i was worried about base boards?" i have to say that internet shopping is way better in the states because they bring things to your DOOR. No parcel pick up! It's going to be so crazy soon... i'm glad you have stuff to keep you occupied. (ps, did you watch house this week? if you didn't... you need to! it had adoption issues on there and i just could never see you in that situation) LOVE YOU

January 27, 2009 at 10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see if I can be helpful... :-) You apply for parental leave as soon as you have him in your arms. Practically, that's probably the first day you get back from Ethiopia.

Cheers
Nicky

January 28, 2009 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sorry... cant help you with when to apply for mat leave but luckily you have friends that can!!!

I echo Katie's comment in that it would have been hilarious to see you as Mike's little apprentice! Ha. Looking forward to seeing the crib tomorrow.

Happy 5 months my dear little Mosey!

January 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home