February 10, 2009

We're off to Ethiopia!

I can't believe that this time has finally come. This past week has been so so busy. We thankfully managed to get the baby's room complete, the bathroom reno is not quite so lucky but oh well. Our bags are packed, and the electronics are all currently charging.

We're going to meet our son! Thank you to everyone for all your prayers and support throughout this entire process. We feel so loved by all of you! And thank you to all my adoption friends too! I will do my best to check in on your babes if I can. I'm praying for your court date D and for others who are waiting and waiting and waiting....


It's so strange, I almost forget that we are going to Africa tomorrow. I am so preoccupied with thinking about Moses that I forget that this lifelong dream is coming true. And then I realize that I have been so preoccupied with adopting that I have to switch my brain and focus over into motherhood now. I keep thinking that there is some other step in the process that I am waiting for. But there's not. Well, there's just a really really long plane ride and a lot of jet leg and then he will be in our arms.

Anyways, I have a guest blogger while we're gone... my good friend Dana will be trying to post a few updates on here while we're gone. So check back!

xoxoxoxoxo

mike & em




17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you Emily!

Safe travels and happy beginnings!

Looking forward to meeting Moses!

xoxoxoxoxoxxxxx

Erin

February 10, 2009 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Dancin' Momma said...

Yeah! Have an amazing safe trip, and thank you so much for trying to check on our little man. Hopefully before you are home we will finally have our court date booked!!!! :)

Enjoy those cuddles, snuggles and baby kisses Mommy!

February 10, 2009 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

wow, it's finally happening!!!! the room looks great and you're going to be such a great mom :)
Have a wonderful trip, I'm so happy for you

I'm also looking forward to the updates from the guest blogger! yay Dana!

<3

February 10, 2009 at 10:58 PM  
Blogger Sarah Rodgerson said...

Safe travels and have a wonderful trip...cannot wait to hear all about it and see pics with you holding your precious Moses in your arms!

Sarah

February 11, 2009 at 4:20 AM  
Blogger Ranavan said...

Safe travels and enjoy every single moment with your son :)

February 11, 2009 at 6:36 AM  
Blogger Derrick, Alysia, and Levi said...

Wow! So exciting! I can't wait to read about your first days with your precious son. His room looks great too!
Alysia

February 11, 2009 at 6:58 AM  
Blogger The Turgeon Expansion said...

Wooohooo!!! Happy travels Emily and Mike :) So exciting that you're off to get little Moses, wowsers. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

Rhonda

February 11, 2009 at 7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We wish you a safe journey and a wonderful meeting with your new s
on!!

Laura Van Maren
(krabbendam....from Adrian and Rita)

February 11, 2009 at 7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have an amazing trip.... check in on our baby Kibrom if you get a chance.

Alison

February 11, 2009 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger The Mannings said...

Congrats! Have a great trip!!! Enjoy every minute!

February 11, 2009 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

again.... so happy for you guys! That first kiss you give your baby boy is going to be so amazing and surreal. Can't wait to hear and read all about it! You to are going to be such cool parents!

February 11, 2009 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger Owen and Bonnie said...

YEAH!!!! Today is the day! Praying for safe travels. Moses' room looks amazing! You guys did an incredible job :)

I'll be checking back for updates - Thanks Dana!

Bonnie
xxx

February 11, 2009 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Have a safe trip. Congrats on the day finally being here. I can't wait to hear about your trip and see your boy in your arms.

February 11, 2009 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger BCMommy said...

Oh, I am soooo excited for you! Have a safe journey and please take and post lots of photos!!!!!!!! I can't wait until I am in your shoes!!!!

Have a fabulous time!!!

Claire and Dimitri

February 11, 2009 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger Long Journey Big Dreams said...

Happy Travels!!! I hope the trip is amazing and will be looking forward to all the updates :)

Also - Love the bedroom it looks great!

February 11, 2009 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

His room is lovely! Safe journey, to all three of you.

February 11, 2009 at 5:42 PM  
Blogger Louise said...

I love seeing the before pics of the rooms...you realize once he is home it will never be that tidy again....I can't wait for pics of teddies, books, and warm cozy blankets in and out of that crib.

Enjoy your time in Ethiopia..it is an amazing place!!!
Louise

February 11, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home