March 18, 2009

Day 3 and 4

Day 3: Sunday

Today we asked Solomon to take us to his church. We thought it would be fun to experience an Ethiopian church service, but honestly, if you had told me we were in Canada I would've believed you. It was so westernized. It was a great service but not what we were expecting. After church we went and picked up more diapers, ordered in lunch from Ice Blue and changed rooms into a room that had a bigger bed and a balcony. We were so much more comfortable in this room!



Day 4:

Today we went to the museum at the Addis Ababa University. We did some shopping for traditional clothes and visited a place where women that previously were fire-wood carriers were able to now be employed doing something less back-breaking. They now were weavers and we bought some gorgeous scarves from them. I asked Solomon to take us to a doctor today because my altitude sickness was not feeling any better and Moses' cough was sounding horrible. It was so funny, the doctor basically just looked at us and laughed and said we'd be fine. Thanks. She offered me tylenol for my altitude sickness. I said no. Luckily, this was probably the last day where my symptoms were really bad. I never thought I'd be affected by this so future travelers: be prepared! I think there is a medication for this, and I really wish I had brought some.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Looks like you had an amazing trip! Samuel is too cute for words! I am so glad that your are now all together as a forever family!


Carolyn P

March 18, 2009 at 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is my scarf? Just kidding such wonderful pictures- look at you guys trekking about ethiopia like you have been there before.

March 18, 2009 at 1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie! He has such a great smile! Thanks for sharing about your trip.

March 20, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home