June 6, 2009

Pictures from Run for Water

This years Run for Water was a huge success. The race raised over $82,000 to go towards building wells in Ethiopia. Amazing!

It was so nice to have friends and family out to support such a great cause. I know they probably were wanting to support this race on their own and what it stands for but it feels so personal to me! Like they came for me and Moses and I should say thank you!!! Ethiopia is so close to my heart that a race like this makes me emotional. Now that we've been there, now that we've seen what we've seen..... I don't even know what to say really. Does this make any sense? I'll stop rambling...

Anyways, I also felt emotional as I remembered the agony of waiting for a referral last year and now getting to push my moses in his stroller.... was... well, very rewarding. I also got to meet Kallie for the first time! She is GORGEOUS! Not sure if I'm allowed to post pictures though... just trust me. She was putting the moves on Moses big time.

Here are some pictures of the day:


my beautiful friend Emily




Jill and Derek




My Dad and his girlfriend Jackie came all the way out from Ontario! My dad ran the half marathon and Jackie came first in her age group for the 5k race. Way to go guys!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

WAY TOO CUTE!!! I love him in his Ethiopia hat :) And Jill & Derek and Emily C. are also adorable!!!

June 6, 2009 at 12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moses has a lady friend already- you are in so much trouble... just imagine when he goes to school! You will have to change your number.

I am glad the run was a huge success and you were able to have that full circle feeling!

June 6, 2009 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger BCMommy said...

Great photos! I know, I felt all emotional when we were there. Next year, will I have a referral?? I don't know, but if I do, I will be running in a shirt with her face on it!
Claire

June 6, 2009 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Of course you are allowed to post the photos!!! I already did on my blog!

Jen

June 7, 2009 at 5:46 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

It looked like so much fun! Hopefully well be able to partake next year :) I love that Mose is putting on the moves already. You are going to have your hands full ...

June 8, 2009 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah! Run for Water! (It was crazy how many more people registered compared to last year!!). Cute pictures!

June 8, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home