December 17, 2015

Our Christmas Tree

We weren't matched.  Once again disappointment.   Advent is the season of waiting and so we continue to wait.  Only one family was matched from Canada this time and one from Lesotho.   Things are continuing to move just as slow as ever.

I must admit that I have had something distracting me lately from obsessing over when this adoption will ever take place.  We are also awaiting news from a searcher we have hired in Addis Ababa to find our son's birth mom.  I can not promise you that if and when we hear news or find her that I will be able to share everything here because that is not my story to tell.  But I will be able to tell you if we can find her and make contact.  So far the search has been much more complicated than any of us could ever of imagined.  All I can think about lately is where is she?  How is she?  Does she know that Moses is loved and doing well?

The other week we went and cut down our Christmas tree.  When we brought it home my husband noticed this one branch that seemed more like a new tree growing off of the main one.  He called it a nurse tree.  I don't think this is an actual nurse tree as per the actual definition but as soon as he said it I thought to myself this branch symbolizes how Moses' birth mom is a part of our family.  She is here in everything.  In our son's smile, in our hearts, in our Christmas.  We would not be this family without her.  I continued decorating the tree with the kids and found our one special ornament I had bought from Ethiopia.  It is made of wood and quite heavy and so I began to look for a strong branch and quickly remembered "the nurse tree".  It was the perfect spot.  Everytime I look at it my heart thinks of her.






3 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Emily! I had no idea you were doing that! We need to talk!! Sorry you were not matched this time :(

December 17, 2015 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

beautiful.

December 17, 2015 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love when you blog

December 18, 2015 at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home