May 12, 2014

party of five or six?

                   
                               (crazy kids celebrating our signed off home study arriving in the mail!)

all my life I have been attracted to big families.  I always wanted to spend time at the houses where it was loud and busy and messy and full of love.  Those were the families that always seemed to have their priorities set as well.  They weren't the one's necessarily going to disneyland every summer or putting their kids in tons of lessons.  They were just somehow the houses filled with chaos and yet also peace.

I dream of a future where our kids come home for dinners and the table is FULL.  I know that some of our kids might even move far away so I figure the more kids you have the better chance at getting the full holiday dinner table!

When we were first married we took care of my bosses four kids for a month and got to live the insanity of coordinating driving to piano lessons, soccer games, and one kid working at a restaurant.  It was pure craziness.  But we both loved it.  The month we spent doing this has stuck with me and whenever we tried to decide if we should adopt one or two the memory of that time would come to me.

And for this reason and many more we are applying to be on the wait list for siblings from Lesotho.  For some reason I keep seeing twins…. but who knows.

We have said that we "prefer" one boy and one girl but we know that if we are shown a referral for two boys we wouldn't say no.  But of course, one can dream.  I would LOVE for my daughter to have a sister as I do.  And I would love for my son to have a brother.

After deciding all of this (and it took quite awhile…. right until the last day of our home study) our agency has said that the likelihood is quite small that there will be siblings under the age of Holly (currently 3.5).  And since we cannot change the birth order they have asked us to also be open to accepting a referral of just one.  So we might even get a referral for one child but if it is one we have said that we prefer a boy.  Our son is currently surrounded by female cousins and he is begging for a brother.

We are also open to a variety of medical needs.

So there it is.  The who of who we are adopting.

So what do you think it will be?


1 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Eek!!! Who knows! I hope it's 2 as I know that's what you really want!!

June 1, 2014 at 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home