May 24, 2014

Officially paper pregnant!!!

Who knew you could be so excited to officially wait!

On May 22nd I got the email from our agency that our dossier had landed in Maseru, Lesotho.  It feels so crazy to know that a file with our pictures, our medical, our entire life story and essentially every detail about our lives is sitting somewhere in Lesotho right now!!!

What does this mean?

Well, our file will now be shown at the matching meetings that are held every 3-4 months.  Lesotho works differently than Ethiopia and doesn't exactly follow a list.  In Ethiopia you were essentially given a number and referrals came in that order.  In Lesotho, only a few dossiers (from each country that they work with- Canada, Sweden, US, and The Netherlands) are on the table at each meeting and the government workers will look at each file and find a family for the children that are ready to be adopted.  So this means we can be matched at any of these meetings at any time!

I'm not expecting to be matched for at least a year though.  I tell myself this because I am a realistic person but who knows what will happen!  The next meeting is sometime in June but these dates can also change.  We'll see if I remain calm in June…




5 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

okay, I'm feeling REALLY excited now too!!!! thanks for posting the pics; it looks so beautiful!

May 24, 2014 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Crazy it could be any time! I just realized a girl I was in Taiwan with lived in Lesotho for awhile! So I have heard of it!

June 1, 2014 at 9:56 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Congrats! I just happened to come across your blog again. So happy for you! I'll be watching for news... I so remember following your journey when your little man (not so little anymore) came home.

Heidi

June 6, 2014 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!

June 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger Michelle Santschi said...

Congratulations! Happy waiting :)

July 23, 2014 at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home