December 2, 2015

Update

Wow, I had no idea it had been THIS long since I last updated here.  As you might of guessed, we are still waiting.  The last meeting was a few months ago and we were not matched.  Adoptions in Lesotho have really slowed down.  In fact, our agency in Canada has only had 2 completed Lesotho adoptions in 2015.  We really hope things pick up in 2016 and more children can come into families.  The reason for the slowdown is apparently issues in collecting paperwork.  Children are really not adoptable without paperwork so it is so important for the social workers to be diligent.  Our agency can only do so much.  And of course many of us waiting families wonder if perhaps Lesotho just does not want to process more than a few adoptions each year.

Either way, we are still in it for the long haul.  Every time I see my 7 year old son interact with a toddler my heart is full.  I love seeing the nurturing side of my kids come out.  A side I rarely see in the way they interact with each other!  So it is nice to see when they are with their younger cousins.  I can't wait to see them welcome a new sibling(s) into our family.

Next meeting is in two days.  I promise to update sooner this time!

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

fingers crossed we get some good news for Christmas! I miss your blog posts, you're a great writer!

December 2, 2015 at 10:59 PM  
Blogger Christel said...

We are also waiting for a child from lesotho. We are living i Sweden and have had our papers in Lesotho for a little more than 1 ½ year. Our agency has informed us that we are now their first couple in the list. Didnt know about the meeting tomorow, so nice to have some information.

December 3, 2015 at 1:36 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Any update on the meeting?

December 6, 2015 at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home